Schertz, TX

Posted August 19, 2014
Our family loves Paschal Elementary school. We have not had any problems with the school. The teachers overall have been wonderful and very helpful. Administration is always involved and active. My only qualm, and it's not a school thing, but a district thing, is the lack of recess. The kids only get about 10-15 minutes/day. That's not much if you consider the time it takes to get everyone outside and then rallied back into a line to go inside. Other than that, couldn't have asked for a much better school. Military friendly also!

Posted January 28, 2014
I love not only Paschal but also the scuisd school district. We're military and rented in Cibolo during my son's pre-k year. Fantastic experience at Wiederstein! We then bought in Schertz and my son is currently at Paschal. Both schools have exceeded my expectations. We've been at Paschal for two years. In a school the size of Paschal our principal knows each student's name. I love the teachers we've had and my son is really shining with all of the care and attention. We had some special circumstances and the school was extremely reassuring and helpful. My youngest will be starting pre-k next year and I know we're going to be just as happy, even though my kids are completely different from each other (all the way down to which hand they write with.) The only thing I would mention to you if you are choosing between Paschal and Wiederstein: Cibolo has given Walmart the okay to build across from Wiederstein at the intersection of Borgfield road. That will make the intersection too busy around elementary aged children for my comfort.

Posted September 29, 2013
This is our third year at Paschal and I will make sure all three of my kids continue to attend this school. I adore the staff, principal and parents. It is an AMAZING place to send your kids.

Posted May 16, 2013
This is both my kids second year at Nroma J Paschal and I must say the Teachers and the Principal are all AMAZING!!!!! They keep us informed about everything regarding our children. They teach them challenging work and prepare them for the next grade. If you want your child to have additional work to help in any subject they are always happy to send it. Parent teacher conference is really good!! They always ask if my husband and I have questions and if we do they always answer. We are truly blessed to have such Amazing teachers!! :-)

Norma J Paschal Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2012
The GT elementary program in the district is non-existent. My kids qualified for GT in Alamo Heights, but not in the "achievement" based "matrix" despite their 99% WISC-IV scores, 99% ITBS reading, etc. Their 45 min pull out program is "enrichment." There is an administrative culture which takes the state money for GT servicing & disregards any type of GT programming (clustering, acceleration, etc). The district has *no* central coordination of programming. The district is not in compliance with minimum state standards in 1) Yearly assessment of program with input from parents 2) dissemination of this self-assessment to parents and use of yearly evaluation to improve the programming. Home-schooled at 7, DD has been admitted for the Fall to a private school which accelerates 1 year ahead, for 4th grade. DS at 11 was accepted into Stanford's OHS. The worst issue I had with the district was their complete unwillingness to discuss even the possibility of change. I tried to have conversations with 2 different Principals, the assigned GT teachers (who had no ed. background in GT only the certificate endorsement), the district head who ignored emails & phone calls.

Posted March 06, 2012
My only child is currently in Kinder at Paschal. Before the school year started, I did extensive research on public schools. I was worried about teachers, principle, other kids, other kids' parents and what they were bringing into the school where my child would be....you name it. I wanted my child to be happy, be around good kids, and have a positive learning environment. Paschal provides all of that for these kids. Good families, good people, caring administration. Parents are well informed of everything going on in the school, and participation is great. I couldn't be happier with this school. They ask and almost strategically demand for their kids to succeed, and I see it from my child and his classmates, to the older kids and how they interact with the Kinder kids. They are giving these kids a great start to their education during the day, and I continue with his education at night with his weekly homework. I couldn't be happier with this school. Mrs. V...Kinder...thank you so much for treating and teaching my child as you would do your own.

Posted June 06, 2011
I have had a great experience with all staff, teachers and leadership regarding my son's education at this school!!! I have had nothing but professional help and courtesy's that I have not experienced with other Texas schools with our son's unique challenges. We moved here 2 years ago and have had nothing but the best help and I notice a difference most in my child and his growth in problem areas!!! Bottom line...this is a school any parent would be lucky to send their children to!!! In fact I had a friend recently buy a home so they could specifically send their child to this school...their two oldest children attended this school from the day it opened and they want to make sure their third child has the same educational upbringing since it is so superior to schools in the area!!!

Posted May 29, 2011
Our kids started attending mid-year after we relocated here from another state. We were impressed at the level of organization (pick-up and drop-off) and coordination. I've been to the school several times to have lunch with one of my children and have observed the principal greeting children by name (multiple occasions). Keep in mind this school has several hundred students. Each of our interactions with the teachers and staff have been positive. On one occasion when we did have a problem with something that happened at school, the principal addressed was quick to respond and address the problem.

Norma J Paschal Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2011
Not the school for you if you have a child with ADHD, Aspergers etc. They only want to do what makes the teacher's job easier. My son's 1st grade teacher told him his brain doesn't work right and that he doesn't fit in. He was physically threatened by a student whose parents are friends with the teacher so she never reported it to the principal. The biggest problem at this school is that they are all friends who protect each other. Checks and balances do not exist at this school. They are very good at putting on the front needed to make you feel at ease but in reality they they don't care about your kid at all. To show you how far off the mark this school is, the teacher who said these awful things to my son just won teacher of the year--what does that tell you?

Posted March 10, 2011
Phenomenal & fantastic! The principal is an exemplary leader & amazingly involved with the kids & can greet each student by name. The staff is wonderful & the teachers excellent. I love this school & couldn't be happier. We chose our neighborhood just for a school such as this.

Norma J Paschal Elementary School
590 Savannah Drive, Schertz, TX  78154
Last modified Norma J Paschal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Norma J Paschal Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top