Southlake, TX

Posted April 28, 2014
Florence has been a wonderful experience for us and our son. He does have special needs which are being successfully treated in Dyslexia class. In fact, the Florence staff took the initiative to ask if I minded if they tested him for Dyslexia and that is how it was found that he could be helped in the Dyslexia class. He's doing very well now and the school counselor has helped him during other times when he needed to work through issues.

Florence Elementary School 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Many of the teachers are great. However the student body leaves much to be desired. I took away 2 stars because the children are allowed to misbehave - especially if the child's mother is in the "right" clique'. These children are allowed to hit, disrupt class, bully, and call other children names (even if it attacks their religion or ethnicity). It is paramount that families teach their children to appreciate "differences." The hate rhetoric taught in homes manifests in the school, and the school does little to deter the behavior. If a zero tolerance policy for verbal/physical bullying were enforced, parents would be encouraged to decrease their fear/hate-based home discussions to avoid having the child repeat that language at school. (i.e. so the school could/should do MORE in this area). These children are (and will be) ill-equipped to function in in the world, therefore, the very essence of *education* is being severely undermined. While children across town are learning 3 languages, these children are (almost encouraged to be) backwards and unenlightened. So unfortunate, since the teachers are good and mean well.

Posted March 23, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Florence Elementary! I moved to the area just so my son could attend Florence. He is so much happier, has improved in school and is at the level he should be for his age. At his previous school, Hatfield Elementary, I was paying for after school tutoring and summer school, and he still had to be held back a grade. When my son first came to Florence in second grade, they tested him and found that he had dyslexia (I had begged Hatfield to test him for any learning disabilities, but they always refused saying it wasn't good to 'label' a child at that young age). Florence got him into a special class for dyslexia and he began to thrive. I was dealing with a cancer diagnosis and treatment last year, and Florence gave my son great counseling. At his previous school, the lunches were not healthy and always offered lots of desserts. Florence has healthy food in their cafeteria. The PTA at Florence is AMAZING and parent involvement at the school is very high. It all makes for a wonderful experience. My son and I are so happy now with his schooling and we are excited for what the future holds in his education because we plan to stay in this school district.

Florence Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2014
Ok if your student does not have any special needs. Teachers are very hit or miss on quality. Many of the long time teachers have left recently so the staff is heavy on new teachers. Kids tend to be bullies and they get away with it. Very snobby attitude by a lot of the parents. It is very much a clique and your are either in or you as a parent don't exist.

Posted April 23, 2008
I love Florence. The staff is wonderful. The teachers are available for extra help for the students, they truly want the best for the kids. When we have had times where we needed help or concerned about something we could always get a resolution to the problem. The kids absolutly LOVE their teachers. High parent involvement and we are incouraged to be a part of our childs day. Mr. Martin is the best.

Posted August 28, 2007
Superb school--administration, faculty, and parents are all very involved and energetic.

Posted March 27, 2007
We moved here in January and the teachers and staff have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and assist in the transition.

Posted March 21, 2007
Florence is a fabulous school! My daughter has gone there for kindergarten and first grade. Both of her teachers were exceptional. The curriculum is well-rounded with excellent art, music and physical education programs. They have many activities like plays & performances, talent shows, musical presentations, field trips and festivals. Parent involvement is extremely high. The school strongly encourages parents and grandparents to be a part of the school day. I volunteer a full day every week and see firsthand how much the parent involvement enhances the educational programs. The administration and staff are also wonderful. The principal is never too busy to take time to talk to the kids and it really lets them know he cares about them. All in all, Florence Elementary gives children a well-rounded, high quality education.

Posted September 19, 2006
Excellent School. They truly care about the kids and go the extra mile. The principal is great and has great concern for the students. A+ rated school.

Posted February 27, 2006

Florence Elementary School
3095 Johnson Road, Southlake, TX  76092
Last modified Florence Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top