Southlake, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted August 13, 2014
The new head of school at Clariden is exceptional! The project-based learning gives the students an opportunity to expand their learning well beyond the classroom to real world issues within our global community. The breadth and depth of learning is well beyond a traditional education and rivals other top private institutions.

Posted August 08, 2014
The Clariden School has been perfect for our family. To begin, the campus is beautiful. It is situated on what looks like 30+ acres right across from Bob Jones Park. It was very important to my husband and I that our child attend a safe and secure school. We were very pleased when we learned that each door is lock/key card secure, while a camera monitoring system is always running. Our child really flourished last year. I was so awestruck with the efforts that so many teachers put into making a difference in our girl s daily life. Previously, we had not had that type of experience, it really takes a village! We are very impressed with the new technology rules. Art was a big hit for my child last year and she absolutely loved the athletic director. My child was able to sample an array of sports and even taught me a few yoga moves. Thanks Mrs. Russness! Beyond all the fun stuff, what amazes me is that each day when I pick her up from school she will not stop talking about all that she learned or did. I just do not remember school being this engaging or fun. We are so pleased with our daughter s experience at Clariden. We plan on staying until she graduates.

The Clariden School 3

Posted August 03, 2014
I think the misconceptions and negative reviews have quite a bit to do with the binding arms of the AMI Montessori governing group. I have never felt lied to but I have done my homework... The "bate and switch" is a bi-product of the Montessori philosophy in that the well-meaning teachers believe in great things, hope them for the students, but are stifled by the unrealistic, antiquated Montessori tethers the AMI folks tout as curriculum. I love the physical grounds of this lovely place, the AWESOME staff, and now, under Mrs. Wells leadership, I believe the curriculum (a mix of different, researched, and progressive modalities) will take off and catch up to our global community of learners. Expect wonderful things from Clariden! I certainly do.

Posted June 28, 2014
Check This School Out, Very Progressive. My two children are enrolled in Clariden and they are both thriving. It is my understanding that the new head of school, Sallie Wells, has removed the old way of thinking to incorporate new and exciting approaches to education. While the AMI standards of the past were fine, they ignored technology, grades, and basic Texas standards. My children are looking forward to next year. Besides bringing their iPads and computers, they will participate in writing seminars, have a music class with real instruments, and participate in NASA's robotic competition! These things were previously not allowed my AMI standards. We are very excited about the changes at Clariden and appreciate the hard work of the faculty, staff, and head of school in getting us there! Change can be scary, but our children are worth it.

Posted June 28, 2014
We love Clariden. A private school, in my opinion, works with your family and vise versa. The teachers and staff have always gone above and beyond to ensure that my child loves school, and she does. She wakes up and wants to go to school. For my family, that speaks volumes. I highly recommend Clariden.

Posted June 28, 2014
Just concluded our sixth year at Clariden and looking forward to our seventh. We absolutely love the changes that are taking place. My children are receiving a quality education, while thriving socially. The Clariden School is promoting a life-long love of learning in all of them. We could not be happier at other school in Southlake. I recommend a visit.

The Clariden School 1

Posted June 27, 2014
Do NOT enroll your child in this school if you value good education and great educators. I had enrolled my two children in the Casa and Primary program at this school this past year and was absolutely disgusted by the lack of teaching, horrible administration. It is truly a bait and switch approach, you will be told whatever is needed to get you to enroll your child in the school, and after that the program may change, and the education is definitely sub-par. There are so many amazing private schools in the DFW area, please do your research and spare your child this school. I attended private school myself, and went on to an IVY League, I never post online, but with this horrible education experience for my children, if I can even spare one child it will be worth it. I urge you to read posts from parents and not administration. This past year was a waste for both my children (I think a daycare would have even been better), I regret that I fell for what the administration told me to get me to enroll. The teachers did not care if my child was learning or just walking around doing nothing, there is not structure, and lots of fluff talk by teachers. STAY AWAY FROM CLARIDEN!!!!!!

Posted June 26, 2014
I work in the administration department at The Clariden School and only have good things to say about the teachers, staff and new Head of School, Mrs. Sallie Wells. We have a warm community of wonderful educators who really enjoy their jobs. They love children! They love teaching! It seems there is some misinformation regarding Mrs. Well's credentials. She has been in the education field for over twenty years . She has taught students as young as three years of age through college. In addition, she has run a school before, holds a Masters of Science in child development, is currently working on her doctorate in family studies and is an adjunct professor at TWU. Highly qualified, extremely professional and progressive, Mrs Wells is a welcome addition to our school. Prospective parents will find upon touring an outstanding faculty with clear direction and vision. Our mission is to provide the best education to our students. Our door is always open. We welcome you to call and schedule a tour to make an informed and unbiased decision for your child's education.

The Clariden School 1

Posted June 09, 2014
would absolutely warn against this school. what poster said below about "bait and switch" is absolutely true. you are told one thing and then after you give your money, you are delivered another. you should definitely look at other options. as for previous head of school----she was replaced---a decision by the board. everyone loved the last head of school, but the board overruled the parents, and many students left because of this. apparently this is how they make decisions at clariden---with zero parental input.

Posted June 09, 2014
I loved my experience at The Clariden School, as their faculty and staff recognized and helped me to develop my passion for writing. I just published for the second time. Thanks Clariden for being such a great learning environment and inspiring me to follow my dreams. -- Former Student

The Clariden School