Bad
Good

Posted August 02, 2013
Old Union is such a positive environment for my children to grow in every day. The teachers are patient, have humor and always stay at the top of their game challenging the children. Their day is fun and fosters leadership and independence. I feel like the principal has a vision to grow the school and create new ways for the children to learn how to relate in the world today. They are creating mock businesses by second grade, making business fun rather than intimidating. The parents play a heavy hand at this school. We are given many opportunities to volunteer and they are utilized and appreciated. It is very unifying in our community to have a school that brings parents together.

Old Union Elementary School 4

Posted March 28, 2013
The principal is bar none. = 200% more than what can be expected out of an elementary school. I have lived in Southlake for 15 years. 3 of my children have attended 3 (in total) elementary schools. Old Union is above and beyond the top. It is wonderful to see my children progress. In retrospect, I have many regrets in allowing my children to attend the other schools in the past. You will never second guess yourself by choosing Old Union. The staff is not replaceable because they NEVER leave. Best kept secret in Southlake.

Old Union Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2012
This school used to have an extra sparkle and twinkle about it, however after they made false reports against their then principal, she resigned. Now the new principal is nice, but the standard of excellence is missing at the school. It is really sad as I wish it would return to the student centered environment it once was.

Posted November 07, 2011
I have to ask if the previous reviewer is posting to the right school's profile! Just moved here from across the country and everyone has been amazing. The principal remembered our names at new student registration from when we met her at our school tour, FOUR MONTHS EARLIER - and she wasn't even the one who gave us the tour, but rather came out of her office to meet us when she heard us speaking to the secretary about being new. Principal regularly greets my daughter with a bear hug and asks how she's doing. Hey, maybe if you need more communication with the office, you should come to my crosswalk. The principal and asst are regularly helping out there on crossing guard duty until a hire can be made. I've only had one regret - that we didn't move here years earlier so that my older child could benefit from all the wonderful things @OUES!!!

Old Union Elementary School 1

Posted July 14, 2011
Awful Communication between staff and parents. Even at the administrative level, we are now looking at private schools while paying the high Carroll taxes.

Posted May 10, 2011
While I cannot compare Old Union to other Carroll locations, we moved to Southlake for the public schools and have found the facilities, teachers and overall experience to be as good or better than what we found in Fairfax, VA, which is well-known for public school excellence. I cannot recommend Old Union, and Carroll ISD, more highly.

Posted January 23, 2005
This is the best elementary in Carroll ISD. Very strong & competent principal, with very active parents. They participate in extracurriculars such as Destination Imagination, which many of the others do not.

Posted January 09, 2004
Exceptional school with an outstanding principal. The teachers are very supportive and nuturing but they will challenge the students out of their comfort zone for higher achievement.

Posted April 17, 2003
Clear expectations high expectations(academic & social) warm and loving atmosphere positive climate lots of writing opportunities science & computer programs very strong students excel teachers & support personnel are very professional parents are involved & supportive

Old Union Elementary School
2400 North Carroll Avenue, Southlake, TX  76092
Last modified Old Union Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.