Carl Wunsche Sr High School 2

Posted July 30, 2014
When I was accepted my sophomore year the school seemed peaceful and quiet, every student seemed studious and ambitious in learning. The schools offers a great selection of courses to take. Though my junior year they accepted basically anyone who applied, there were a lot of student who were accepted that were noisy, creating ruckus, immature and most newly accepted students were slackers and not taking school seriously creating havoc and taking some of privileges due to their inhumane behavior. I recently heard that this upcoming year anyone who applied is going to be accepted to attend this school due to having an under-enrollment of students that had transferred back to their home-campus. I am certainly hoping that the school year precedes peacefully and is maintained in order my senior year.

Posted July 06, 2012
Great school with a outstanding staff, their English teachers are the best in the state.

Carl Wunsche Sr High School 1

Posted March 04, 2011
Very disappointed in the way they chose incoming students for the 2011-2012 school year. Because the school received grant money they took in less than par students. I already graduated one daughter thru the program and she had an great experience, but her sister was denied entry even though her grades and motivations are much stronger. The school was forced to take students that can't read well, have failing grades, and suspensions. I feel so sorry for the teachers, that will need to take the time to teach the basics and I feel sorry for the students that are being set up for failure. Most of the students that I know that were accepted don't want to go; their parents wrote the student letters and applications. Spring ISD was something awesome a few years ago; such a decline in the entire district now.

Posted August 10, 2010
Carl wunsche senior high school is an amazing school. It's main focus is future careers and education, contains students that want to succeed. My son attended in his sophomore year coming from Westfield high school he sometimes complains that it's a school full of nerds and I think that's a good thing! As a parent I am very much involved in my children's school. And I personally believe that wunsche provides outstanding career paths that other high schools don't usually have. It is made up of 3 different towers. My son is in the medical tower Perfect teachers and great classes. a good head start for college. I am looking forward to sending my daughter this year. And yes I am carefully watching her and her grades in Westfield. If they're any teachers I dislike which has only happened once I can always change them. But the Medical tower I honestly think has the best instructors and teachers with much experience. Over all Carl Wunsche senior high school is made up of staff and students that care! and who doesn't want that?!

Carl Wunsche Sr High School 2

Posted April 22, 2010
Carl Wunsche Senior High School stands as a model school for involving students fluently and deeply in their career interests and passions, but falls severly short in some critical aspects. One of the most detrimental aspects of this school is the emphasis this school places on technology integration with the class curriculum, which severely decreases the teacher interaction and explanation with the students about class assignments. Another critically negative aspect of Carl Wunsche Senior High School is the type of assignments teachers instruct their students to complete, many of which are scarcely related to the subject matter currently being taught in the classroom. These assignments only frustrate and deteriorate several devoted students' faith in the value of the material they are supposedly learning in the classroom. Overall, Carl Wunshce Senior High School offers diverse, indivudualized career-related activities, but doesn't have teachers that are deeply engaged with their students.

Posted October 25, 2009
I attended Wunsche between 06-08 when the school was brand new and I would have to say it was a blessing to say the least. My home campus was Westfield and on numerous occasions feared for my life. At Wunsche things are completely different. Some teachers were new, others weren't as up-to-date on the teachnology as they needed to be, but at least we they taught us and they were given an environment that allowed them to teach, unlike Westfield. People are complaing about the tech guys but what yall don't understand is all day long they see over 100 students and most of them have an excuse like 'My laptop is broke because my brother stepped on it,' etc so yea they do need annoyed with excuses like that. Wunsche requires a more from its students, such as volunteering and doing an internship, but it prepares you for college.

Posted August 23, 2009
This year Im a junior at Wunsche and I love it. Sure its just like other schools in a way. Though at the same time its alot better cause if you are really determined to be your best then this school will help you in anyway. Im not gonna say that all the teachers here are the best ever cause that would be a lie but if you cant learn in one class then well there is always another teacher that will be there help. And yeah we have many newer teachers but the thing is they are there to learn too and well if help you learn they will find someone else who can. I love this school not cause its the best ever but cause they find a way to help each student that needs it.

Carl Wunsche Sr High School 3

Posted August 04, 2009
I am a student currently attending wunsche high school. My home campus is westfield, but ive been at wunsche 2 yrs. Overall the school is ok; it isnt as good as they would want you to believe. The teachers are mediocre, the laptops are below average and are just a drag. The only good thing i have to say about the school is the actual facility; its clean and new, but other than that it is like any other high school. Note: if you plan to play sports at you home campus get ready to miss A lot of instructional time.

Posted April 17, 2009

Carl Wunsche Sr High School 3

Posted March 02, 2009
It is a wonderful school, but highly over-glorified by the district. I've noticed that it seems as if national recognition is more important to the district than the true success of the students attending. But yes, this is a fine school for students looking for specified technical careers. However, I feel that Wunche just isn't for every Spring ISD student that is constantly bombarded with pressure to attend this academy.

Carl Wunsche Sr High School
900 Wunsche Loop, Spring, TX  77373
Last modified Carl Wunsche Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12
Carl Wunsche Sr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.