Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I never really dealt with any bullying at Knox, nor did I ever see it.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

I have horrible ADHD that makes it nearly impossible to do anything on some days, and a teacher at McC told me that "ADHD doesn't exist" and that "you need to stop finding excuses and do your work". Atrocious behavior. Knox would sit me down and help me out with my disability like an ACTUAL learning facility, not shut me up and call me a liar.

Amount of homework: Agree

At least they didn't give me 300+ math problems in one night due the next day for a homework grade like McC did a few times.

I transferred here as an 8th grader from McC JHS right down the street and it was an immediately relief, almost like a brick wall had fallen on my chest at McC and Knox came over with a crane and took it off of me. Knox is half the size of McC, the architecture is more inviting and less prison-like, and I made friends literally as soon as I sat down in my first class as the new kid. My grades went from all D's and F's to almost straight A's, because everyone was happier and everyone cared more about life. Football was also much easier; the coaches didn't treat you like Full Metal Jacket and instead they got to know you; I even got a friendly 1-on-1 interview with the coaches on my first day at Knox, where they asked me what position I played and got me to meet some other players. There were also only 3 teams per grade vs the 8 teams a grade at McC. Even though I was only at Knox for a semester, I still talk to several people I met there even though I'm a 2nd year college student. That was almost 7 years ago, yet we're all buddies like nothing ever changed. And it's funny because the week before I left for Knox, I was bullied at McC for "being a traitor" and someone even stole my bus seat and said "no Knox f@gs allowed here". Shame, they missed out on a truly excellent school.

Knox Junior High Band is one of he best in the state. Mrs. Dillard is beyond a wonderful teacher. She truly makes it about the kids and their talent and makes it fun. My daughter was ready to quit band her 7th grade year (because she was a year behind from attending Humble ISD) but Mrs. Dillard encouraged her beyond the scope of her duties. Now she is at College Park and loves, loves, loves band and is still Mrs. Dillard's (little Ms. Sunshine). Thank you Mrs. Dillard for going the extra mile for Knox kids!!

Knox is an excellent junior high. The academics are challenging, and the administration is extremely responsive to parental questions and concerns. There are a wide array of electives, athletics, and clubs to choose from, as well as both pre-ap and level classes in the core subjects. My son is always happy to go to school and always challenged.

I have a seventh grade boy who loves going to Knox, at least it's much better than his previous experience at Mitchell intermediate where he went previously. The administration has been amazing in handling issues that I've seen come up as well as the teachers who go way above and beyond to work with my son and us to ensure that he understands the curriculum.. I am a bit disappointed by the gathering of kids at lunch who all look like thugs and are mean to the kids walking by if they aren't one of them. This should be handled right away, or I can see something bad happening. Overall I'm very pleased with the school so far and believe that they're doing an excellent job.

To the November 8th 2010 post; Why were you, as a parent, in the locker room? Also, have you talked with any of the parents of students from other CISD junior high schools in the area? I recommend that you do this and the revise your smearing comment.

I have an issue with the football program...apparently one of the coaches thinks it's ok to use the "F" word a lot ( as in get you F"@@king a@@es over here etc.....yelling it out during practice to get the kids to do what he wants...None of the other coaches who are around put an end to it nor do they use that kind of language themselves from what I hear. We don't use that kind of language and I think it's very inappropriate for any teacher to direct young kids in that manner, what kind of message is that sending to our kids?

I would not recommend this entire district for anyone with a child with a disability. Their slogan "All means ALL" is delusional. However, for people whose kids are neurotypical, they do a good job.

Last modified Knox J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.