Bad
Good

Posted May 27, 2014
Knox Junior High Band is one of he best in the state. Mrs. Dillard is beyond a wonderful teacher. She truly makes it about the kids and their talent and makes it fun. My daughter was ready to quit band her 7th grade year (because she was a year behind from attending Humble ISD) but Mrs. Dillard encouraged her beyond the scope of her duties. Now she is at College Park and loves, loves, loves band and is still Mrs. Dillard's (little Ms. Sunshine). Thank you Mrs. Dillard for going the extra mile for Knox kids!!

Posted May 01, 2014
Knox is an excellent junior high. The academics are challenging, and the administration is extremely responsive to parental questions and concerns. There are a wide array of electives, athletics, and clubs to choose from, as well as both pre-ap and level classes in the core subjects. My son is always happy to go to school and always challenged.

Posted January 14, 2014
I have a seventh grade boy who loves going to Knox, at least it's much better than his previous experience at Mitchell intermediate where he went previously. The administration has been amazing in handling issues that I've seen come up as well as the teachers who go way above and beyond to work with my son and us to ensure that he understands the curriculum.. I am a bit disappointed by the gathering of kids at lunch who all look like thugs and are mean to the kids walking by if they aren't one of them. This should be handled right away, or I can see something bad happening. Overall I'm very pleased with the school so far and believe that they're doing an excellent job.

Posted December 01, 2011
To the November 8th 2010 post; Why were you, as a parent, in the locker room? Also, have you talked with any of the parents of students from other CISD junior high schools in the area? I recommend that you do this and the revise your smearing comment.

Knox J High School 2

Posted September 21, 2011
I have an issue with the football program...apparently one of the coaches thinks it's ok to use the "F" word a lot ( as in get you F"@@king a@@es over here etc.....yelling it out during practice to get the kids to do what he wants...None of the other coaches who are around put an end to it nor do they use that kind of language themselves from what I hear. We don't use that kind of language and I think it's very inappropriate for any teacher to direct young kids in that manner, what kind of message is that sending to our kids?

Knox J High School 2

Posted January 05, 2011
I would not recommend this entire district for anyone with a child with a disability. Their slogan "All means ALL" is delusional. However, for people whose kids are neurotypical, they do a good job.

Posted November 08, 2010
Great school! I would be careful about the athletics programs. The coaches are first to fire back at kids and are not into teaching about moral integrity. I walked into the locker room after a practice to give my son his lunch and all the students were swearing and rough housing. Not the type of teacher supervision I want for my son. However, I cannot stress about how great the fine arts programs are. All four parts, Band, Choir, Orchestra, and Theater are top notch. Their band placed 7th in the state and their choir is performing at the TMEA convention next year.

Posted January 26, 2010
I have been very impressed with Knox. The pre-AP level classses are very challenging. Even the level classes are very good.

Posted November 29, 2008
Outstanding Jr. High School with many excellent teachers. The theater arts department produces quality beyond anything expected at the Jr. High level. We've had excellent experiences with one child and look forward to the same with our second.

Knox J High School

Posted April 21, 2008
I've been exceptionally impressed with Knox Junior High's Chior program. It is possibly the best organized and trained junior high choir I have seen!

Knox J High School
12104 Sawmill Road, Spring, TX  77380
Last modified Knox J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.