Clements High School

Public | 9-12 | 2503 students

Posted May 4, 2014

Literally, the best school ever. I am onto my third high school now due to moving a lot but this one was the best by far. It prepares you well and the teachers are well trained. Sometimes homework can get tough and you struggle in the beginning but by the end of each year you really feel like you've accomplished something. Oh, and whether you are in the top %10 or not.. this school is recognized across the country and most colleges are ready to accept a student from here. :)

Posted April 22, 2014

Although Clements can be tiring and mentally and physically exhausting (trust me, I rode a bus for 2 hours everyday just to attend this school), it is the best school I have been to in my entire life. I feel more prepared for college than I ever have. Clements exposes you to the real world like few other schools can.

Posted April 7, 2014

I totally agree with the pervious reviewers. The AP teachers are not qualified to teach. All they do is just hand out the most difficult tasks to see who can do it. Math and English tutors for Clements top students are making $65 or more per hour, but you will not able to get them there is a long waitlist. These tutors don't even have a degree. Go figure. A lot of parents have been complaining but no changes have occurred. Many of my neighbors send their children to private school. Some move to a different school to play the top 10% college game in Texas. Think twice before going to this school. If you do you will be paying lot of money for tutoring or end up paying tax for public school and the tutoring and pay for private school tuition.

Posted April 4, 2014

I think Clements is a great school but I will say that after reading the reviews I will Agree Clements sets the bar extremly high and if u r not a book worm U will struggle. I agree that biology has to be one of the most difficult subject at Clements Over 75% of the kids struggle my son being one of them And he tells me that most of the students have the struggles in Bioligy and there is great emphasis on AP classes with little HELP from staff. I do believe they prepare u for college and Has a higher ranking above privates schools. It is a safe school None violent environment and I really enjoy that about the school.

Posted January 20, 2014

I have to also say that my daughter repeated biology at the school and mentioned it to a peer. The peer told her that she cheated and passed biology. This isn't the first instance my daughter has told me about the cheating there. It is rampant. There is so much pressure on the kids with two - three tests each week, and two - three quizzes each week that is becomes a race for grades, attendance and passing. Ask your child about the cheating. Some teachers monitor, some could care less and some target. Just have your child study, maintain attendance and be the best he or she can be. FBISD HS are all pretty bad with discipline problems, cliques and teacher turn-over because the schools are getting over-populated with the growth in the area. Clements is worth the trouble. There are good people there and good administrators that do care. Just maintain contact with them. Remember, Clements is already over its student population because everyone wants to attend. I'm glad the school keeps up with attendance so that my daughter knows she needs to attend everyday.

Posted August 27, 2013

Amazing school I spent my last four years there. And I wasn't the best or anythin its just i tried and studied hard and I graduated with a 5.1 gpa. It prepares you well for college. I still had enough time to socialize along with three extracuricular activities. It definitely deserves five stars.

Posted August 2, 2013

As a former student of Clements, I know how hard it can be. I am not a naturally smart person, I had to work hard for the grades I got and sometimes working hard wasn't enough. I struggled a lot with math and science. In the end 3 points were what got me across that stage at graduation. Now don't get me wrong my average was a 2.8 out of 4. Not great, but I made mostly b's. I had a few ap classes. Problem is, after school tutorials didn't help. The teachers just did what they did in class. Basically you worked on your own. About 70% of the people who passed science cheated on every single test. I refused to cheat and this got a 69. Then had to re take it, and got a 73. There are some teachers who care but the ones who needed to, didn't. I never even met my councelor in all the four years I went there. When it was time to apply for college I didn't even know how. Oldest child. No school help. Parents went to school but they didn't have to do half te things we do. So I am at community college. Cuz I didn't fill out applications in time. I wih the school took everyone into consideration and not just the jocks and top 10%

Posted July 23, 2013

This school does not allow you to have a life... too much homework, too stressful, huge weed drug problem (if you are into athletics), and horrible teaching. they expect you to read the textbook every night, teach yourself, and take a test the next morning. They also pile you with tons of homework and don't realize that children also need time with their family and outside of school stuff. very disappointing... everyone competes for top 10% but of course only 10% of the people get there- mostly only the Asians. in fact. if you are white, you are automatically labeled "dumb" and your only hopes is to excel through athletics... this school was a huge regret. however, college is easy-peasy if you graduate. :)

Posted December 13, 2012

Clements certainly does prepares you for college but the some of the staff are very rude and unreasonable. One teacher in particular always used to tell us how stupid we were and assumed we never learned anything in junior high. Sometimes she would tell us not to take notes and to learn "by ourselves". Although it is understandable, I would like more than just a textbook to rely on when I take an exam. Some of the newer teachers are nicer and understanding when it comes to tests. As much as I love this school I wish the staff would understand I also have stuff to attend to at home other than homework and studying.

Posted October 23, 2012

Everyone makes Clements sound really tough but it's not that bad. Sure some kids stay up all night studying but that's only because they're taking harder classes than they can handle. I for one am taking 6 pre-AP/AP courses and made it into top 10%. I do around an hour of homework a night and a few on the weekend. There's still a lot of time to have fun and hang out. People have to realize Clements is going to be more competitive than other schools. That's what you signed up for going to the best high school in the district. It's not as bad as you may think just don't stress out.

Posted August 8, 2012

This school highlights it's Global Learning Academy on their webpage, however, they do not accept Washington World Studies Credit for People to People Travel. Students who travel with this group in the summer and sign up to get class credit are required to homework that relates to cultural diversification as it applies to economics, politics, psychology and other topics. I am surprised Clements High School does not recognize this even as an elective. I think they are so narrowly focused on their own suburban community they can't practice what they preach.

Posted May 22, 2012

My daughter will be a graduating Senior for the Class of 2012. My daughter has mentioned she has a few friends who had to with draw from Clements and attend a private school instead. This decision was based that the curriculum was too hard at Clements and that they could not compete for the top 10 percent of their class. I told my daughter that I was not so concerned for her to make the top 10 in her class but to compete and do well. She has played varsity athletics all four years and is graduating with academic awards. She will be attending a 4 year university on an academic scholarship. I agree if you can compete, learn to priortized and have good study/homework skills any student can learn After visiting multiple colleges/universities it's not just Clements that push AP courses. Every school is doing that. They want to see kids taking more pre-AP and college credit courses. This does not mean your average student cannot do just as well. I feel the 4 years that my daughter has been at Clements has prepared her for college this fall. Parents have to be involved with their childrens teachers. They need to keep an open communication.

Posted January 29, 2012

I wish I had never attended Clements. As a student that has attended Clements High School for all four years, I can say, beyond any reasonable doubt, that these have been miserable years. Students here do not focus on the passion, rigor, and breadth of learning and instead ask, "What do I need to know to get an A, and elevate my GPA?" The teachers assign piles of busy work that leaves students stressed. Competition is healthy, yes, but not at the expense of learning. The school's aesthetic value is also nonexistent with few windows and fluorescent, narrow little halls for 2,000+ students. A smaller, healthier environment that encourages learning would be infinitely better.

Posted December 9, 2011

I have not wanted to post this because it is still so upsetting for me to even think about, but the previous post has me thinking otherwise. I had a horrible run in with an AP at Clements. I had tried to contact her for three days through email and leaving messages, but to no avail. I was extremely concerned about my child and her mental health. A VERY serious issue. Friday afternoon, I call and leave a message (again) with her secretary, that if I did not hear from her by the end of the day I would have to go over her head. She calls me shortly after that and proceeded to tear into me and tell me she's busy and shame on me for threatening her secretary. I was in tears by the end of the phone call. She even had the nerve to put me on speakerphone so the entire office could hear me crying. I am a teacher myself, so I know know how badly the AP handled this. Shame on her, and shame on the principal for not taking a more serious approach. The entire situation was about my child. But this AP seemed determined to make it all about her. How unprofessional.

Posted December 6, 2011

Not safe. A Principal actually protected a student that threatened physical harm to my child. The district as well as the school was so uncooperative that my child was left with one choice, to withdraw completely. The school didn't even tell me about paperwork that had to be filled out when reporting a bullying incident. They purposely omitted that info. I am Clements Alum and I thought it would be great for my child to go to my Alma Mater. But I'm very disappointed. The principal broke the law and nothing happens. Instead my child's education is severely damaged.

Posted July 2, 2011

Overwhelming sadness that permiates through the walls. Unheathly competativeness that teaches kids learning is not important. Class rank and SAT scores are the only thing that matters... Would love to know the number of students that attend Clements that are being prescribed anti-anxiety medication...not kidding.

Posted December 28, 2010

My daughter graduated from Clements 3 years ago and my son is currently a sophmore at Clements. It has a competitive academic environment and the student must be willing to take mostly AP and Honors classes if they want to be in the top 20% of their class. This is good or bad depending on your student. Most teachers hold before of after school tutoring sessions four days a week. Students must take the initiative to seek help. My daughter went to a small highly rated private school and has been very successful. Many of her peers came exclusive private schools in our area and struggled to be successful. Clements prepared her to succeed in college. If you want your student to have loads of free time this is not the school for you. Students who excel will be spending several hours every night doing homework assignments and preparing for exams. However, my son has had the time to become an Eagle Scout and a Black Belt in Karate so there is still time for extra curricular activities but your student needs to be organized.

Posted August 10, 2010

I've attended clements 3 years, Very Good School. Students are quiet in class and they all pay attention. Some students are competitive with their grades which is a good thing. Teachers teach very well. as you can see, the people who have given clements a bad review are NOT talking about the education. i am so glad i go to this great school that has prepared me for college.

Posted June 1, 2010

This year started out kind shaky with adjusting to a new school and highschool itself. Our experience so far is that it is a great school. A huge part of the success of the school is the make-up families and students who attend CHS. This school is dominated by a majority of students who want to do well and achieve a lot with their future careers. This school is able to focus on academics rather than discipline. It is not overwhelming but maybe challenging at times but very achievable by the average student who works har.

Posted April 14, 2010

This school is not what people say it is. To name a few, the dress code is barely enforced, really not at all. The staff doesnt listen to the students or hear them out. They dont work with students really well, unless youre more of the popular crowd. The school parking lot, you pay thirty dollars to park, seniors get spots, but they dont enforce other students not parking there. You have to be a junior or a senior yet freshmen, softies and people who didnt pay park their anyways. The school work is crap. Some teachers dont care, others press to hard to fast. It's just a down right no. It was a mistake to transfer thinking it'll help me, but I take two courses, BIMM and WEB with the same teacher, and there's not much different in the class like the course description said. Sad.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

704 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

703 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

694 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

696 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

691 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

695 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

574 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

572 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

574 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

572 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Special education92%

Special education100%

Economically disadvantaged97%
Special education86%

Special education93%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Exemplary".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Recognized".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

330 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

370 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

652 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

541 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

662 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

669 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

577 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

576 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

508 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

60 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

662 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

557 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

Nurse(s)
PE instructor(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel

• Drama

School culture

• Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)

Apply now