Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Commonwealth Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
My kindergartener loves her teacher! She has fun at school every day. The only time she complained and did not want to go to school was when her teacher was sick and could not come.

Posted May 05, 2016
I visited for lunch with my grandsons and all the staff were very professional. I was very impressed with the level of safety and security provided for the students.

Posted February 17, 2015
When I went to Commonwealth it completely changed my academic standpoint, I had always been a great student but never cared about school, after Commonwealth I loved school, encouraging me to study more and get even better grades, as shown by my IOWA scores (a standardized test), I scored in the 99th percentile meaning I am better than 99% of the people who took it, and this is a national test!

Posted April 24, 2014
This school is fantastic. The teachers love their students and the administration is very helpful. They have had some sweeping changes which I understand can make it hard for consistency in policy. However; my children love their school and its staff. I wouldn't send them anywhere else.

Posted April 24, 2014
My child is in 2nd grade this year. The staff has had quite a few obstacles to overcome including a teacher leaving and a lot of new faces. My son has never been happier and though his work load is rather large he enjoys hit time and the class. I have met with the principal and she does carry an indifferent tone but she seems to still be settling into the new position. The kind of compassion the 2nd grade staff has for their students is incomparable. Many new faces in the grade Cox, Steinert, Tanner, Musser, but they have made the best of it. I believe their cares and concerns are sincere and hope CWE staff can keep the same administration long enough to be productive.

Commonwealth Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
I have to agree with the recent posts. The parents and students are excellent, some of the teachers wonderful, but the principal and some staff have very poor communication skills.

Commonwealth Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2014
Commonwealth used to be a great school. There have been so many changes in administration - 3 principals in the last few years, 3 counselors, front office staff keeps changing, the APs rotate yearly. The teachers seem to be trying their best, but the most recent principal is mean! A few other parents and myself included have had meetings with her about our kids. She has a very condescending attitude, said unkind statements, an unfriendly vibe, and pretends to be nice. With the way this school goes through principals, we won't have to wait long before she is booted as well. Good thing my kids are leaving this year for middle school.

Commonwealth Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2013
We are buidling a new home in this school zone - it is too late for us but I would not recommand this school at all if you are only coming hear for kid's education. My son is 3rd grade - I don't see any quality education here. I have no choice but enrolling my son into a private school in this area! Teachers are hard working but administration is very poor. Principal is very mean!

Posted November 21, 2013
I am here to read the review. Not to write one. This is not one.

Commonwealth Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter loves her school, her principal and her teachers! I kind of understand why through my interaction with the faculty and stafft there and they are very nice. The school is quite strict on academics, but it's got great music program, art program, PE classes too.

Commonwealth Elementary School
4909 Commonwealth Boulevard, Sugar Land, TX  77479
Last modified Commonwealth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.