Posted April 24, 2014
This school is fantastic. The teachers love their students and the administration is very helpful. They have had some sweeping changes which I understand can make it hard for consistency in policy. However; my children love their school and its staff. I wouldn't send them anywhere else.

Posted April 24, 2014
My child is in 2nd grade this year. The staff has had quite a few obstacles to overcome including a teacher leaving and a lot of new faces. My son has never been happier and though his work load is rather large he enjoys hit time and the class. I have met with the principal and she does carry an indifferent tone but she seems to still be settling into the new position. The kind of compassion the 2nd grade staff has for their students is incomparable. Many new faces in the grade Cox, Steinert, Tanner, Musser, but they have made the best of it. I believe their cares and concerns are sincere and hope CWE staff can keep the same administration long enough to be productive.

Commonwealth Elementary School 2

Posted March 27, 2014
I have to agree with the recent posts. The parents and students are excellent, some of the teachers wonderful, but the principal and some staff have very poor communication skills.

Posted February 23, 2014
Commonwealth used to be a great school. There have been so many changes in administration - 3 principals in the last few years, 3 counselors, front office staff keeps changing, the APs rotate yearly. The teachers seem to be trying their best, but the most recent principal is mean! A few other parents and myself included have had meetings with her about our kids. She has a very condescending attitude, said unkind statements, an unfriendly vibe, and pretends to be nice. With the way this school goes through principals, we won't have to wait long before she is booted as well. Good thing my kids are leaving this year for middle school.

Commonwealth Elementary School 1

Posted December 17, 2013
We are buidling a new home in this school zone - it is too late for us but I would not recommand this school at all if you are only coming hear for kid's education. My son is 3rd grade - I don't see any quality education here. I have no choice but enrolling my son into a private school in this area! Teachers are hard working but administration is very poor. Principal is very mean!

Commonwealth Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My daughter loves her school, her principal and her teachers! I kind of understand why through my interaction with the faculty and stafft there and they are very nice. The school is quite strict on academics, but it's got great music program, art program, PE classes too.

Posted August 14, 2013
I wouldn't rate this the best. Due to work reasons we had to move several times in the last few years and kids attended 4 elementary schools last five years (in and out of state). I heard so much about this school and purchased a home near it. I have to say I am pretty disappointed thus far with quality of education and how they run this school. I am not sure how/why people rate this school so high.

Posted February 23, 2013
I really think this is an overhyped school in a relatively affluent neighbourhood. With racial demographics quite unlike anywhere in Texas- 52% Asian- this school is getting the laurels it doesnt desreve. Basically, it is 99% effort is parent driven. They have declared themselves as the best in the area- thus a very snooty attitude prevails from the instant you step in the school. Like any other school, there are some really good teachers and the rest are basically vegetating and basking in the glory of these few teachers- who have made a name and place for this school. In the past 4&1/2 years they have had their third principal!!! Most of the PTA memebers are relatively very affluent and hence ensuring good funding. If you are a room mom or are involved in the school activities your child will get the special attention and are the teachers pets. Or else you can forget about your child getting any due attention that they deserve. Having said so, there are some very good teachers also- very few- Ms Land,Ms Tasdemir,Ms Howard and a few more. They really do make a difference in your child's life- if you are lucky enough to get them.

Posted November 22, 2011
Couldn't have asked for anything more. Teachers are so passionate about their students and their ability to learn more and more each day that even I as a parent am excited whenever I think about it. My son transferred from a private preschool here and the transition was just seamless. I've never come across such and active and involved and generous PTA, always quick to respond, no matter the need or expense involved. I am most proud to be a CWE mom. Cougars ROCK!!!

Posted January 14, 2011
An excellent school with a very active PTA organisation. The school administration and teachers are great. Have moved my kids from a private school to this school and do not find much difference in the quality of education.

Commonwealth Elementary School
4909 Commonwealth Boulevard, Sugar Land, TX  77479
Last modified Commonwealth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Commonwealth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top