Bad
Good

Great music program, solid pre-AP courses, very pleased with support of coaches. The teachers have been largely good and I am very pleased with the experience that we had with our current and former Lakeview Leopards. The teachers' job is to challenge and teach, not to raise the kids. If you are engaged, your child can thrive at Lakeview. If your not... why would your kid think it is important if you don't?

Lakeview is a great school!! The vice principals, most of the teachers and office staff are always very approachable. If your child goes to school to learn, does their work and is respectful, you won't have any complaints. Please, take my word for it. I'm a parent, and my son goes to Lakeview.

Middle School is a huge challenge all the way around. 6th through 8th grade is a large collection by maturity and physical growth. I believe the school and principal take aggressive stances to make integration less awkward and challenging. The no locker rule is quite intelligent. It came about because that is where students were stashing things that they knew they should not have at school. Hauling all that stuff back and forth is a pain. But it also means students have their property at all times and are less likely to have non-essential things. I believe Lakeview like many schools offers outstanding educational experiences but parents must stay involved.

Lakeview may have been a fantastic school with an involved principal, but that principal is no longer there. The new one has gone overboard toward "making his mark." Students are required to sit alphabetically for lunch, are not allowed to use lockers, and must carry a four inch binder with them to all classes. My son's backpack weighed 16 pounds! And that was after I helped him pare down to the essentials! Add in an instrument and a tennis racket and getting to and from school became quite a chore. However, if you can stand all of that, or hope for change, the teachers are excellent.

Lakeview is a fantastic school with an involved principal, good teachers (well, the ones I had anyway), and great music programs. I was in the orchestra and had a great time. Now that I am moving, I realize how much I will miss this school. Everyone really tries hard to help us learn! :)

I have had three children go through Lakeview over 9 years so I feel I can make a good judgement of the school. The fine arts program is fantastic! The choir teacher is amazing. It has tripled in size in just 2 years under his direction. My daughter is in a special needs/gifted program and has had an amazing time at Lakeview. Her strategist has really spent a lot of time helping my daughter and being their for her. The teachers are very receptive to parents who are truly involved...and not just gripe. I also enjoyed their sports program (both boys played football). The teachers are extremely knowledgeable. I highly recommend this middle school over the other middle school in The Colony.

Lakeview Middle School is an excellent school. The educators have a good certification and they are encouraging students to not only be able to work with groups, but also work as individuals, such as when they are doing projects and such things. It is an excellent school.

We're not all that happy with this school either. There are a few decent teachers, and they do have a great orchestra program, but genuine leadership from the top seems conspicuously absent. We've also experienced several teachers who either place too much focus on concepts and/or issues of lesser importance, or who were prone to periodic (sometimes shocking) academic gaffes. Also, someone desperately needs to address the traffic nightmare during pick-up after school... three lanes should be painted and enforced, wherein the center should remain clear/flowing (...another leadership issue).

I have not been happy overall with this school, i have a typical teen girl that is social etc., I don't always agree with her choices but she is becoming her own person. The teachers seem to forget these are children trying to find themselves and their places in the world they are not treated as individuals. Junior high is where these big changes take place and teachers should understand that to some extent or they shouldn't teach junior high. Only one more year!!! Hopefully high school will be a little more open to the students.

Last modified Lakeview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.