Venus, TX

Venus Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2014
Schools have been improving with teacher/student interactions and my kids are enjoying being at school and learning.

Posted August 19, 2014
This could be a great school with a different principal. She is the root of all of the issues. The teachers are terrified of her because she is bully, which affects the students. It is so sad that we don't have a choice to send our students here. It is not surprising that there are so many new teachers on this campus every year.

Posted August 18, 2014
My child was screamed at by teachers on a daily basis and not only did the principal do nothing, she allowed it to happen. All year long because they were screaming about doing better on the state tests. It's not ok to scream at my child to the point that she doesn't want to go to school.

Posted April 22, 2014
Venus elementary is a troubled school, Bullying is a big problem, with an assistant principal who believes it is not his job to look into issues. Teachers are poor and generally cannot make it at any other district but Venus ISD will hire anyone. Teaching to the test is the priority at that school. They do not allow parent involvement and discourage it.

Posted June 09, 2013
I am very disapointed with this school. No text books available for students or parents. Lunch is a mess with cafateria employees telling children not allowed to finish. Teachers screaming at students an inch from there face. Bullying is a big problem by adults and students alike. Teaching for the test is priority at this school, with no concern for development. However with members of the school board who have been serving 20 years you cannot expect improvement.

Venus Elementary School 5

Posted May 16, 2013
In response to the March 12 post. It is true that VES did not meet standard one year. However, due to the state testing changes, VES has not had the opportunity to show what we have done since then. Unfortunately we were below standard in one subject in one grade level. The students, parents, and staff have worked hard to correct that challenge and look forward to the new state rankings to come out soon. It is true we do not issue textbooks to the students. This is in consideration of the weight of the books and backpacks the students are having to carry. Also, contrary to the way we were raised, most modern lessons are being taught without the use of textbooks. However, VES will be glad to issue textbooks for the year to any parent that requests them. We do have a caring staff and great students at VES. Please take the time to check us out yourself.

Venus Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2010
My experience with this school has been a very positive one. My daughter attends this school and she is pushed on a daily basis to do her best, help others, and participate in after school activities. I have also substitute taught and seen the inner workings during a school day and found the teachers to be caring and very competent with the curriculum. This district has some growing pains to work out as all districts do but with more active and participating parents supporting the admin, teachers, and staff this district could easily be a 10 out of 10,

Venus Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2009
I thought moving to this area would provide my child with the advantage of having a more personal relationship with teachers since it is a smaller area. The education standards are poor and the teachers are not interested in kids doing well or most of them don't understand the curriculum themselves. Some of the staff is rude and unprofessional. I will not stay in this area another year. If you can avoid this school district, do so.

Venus Elementary School 5

Posted September 18, 2009
A school where teachers care about the education of their students. I'm proud to have had all 3 of my children attend VES and I look forward to having my 4th child attend.

Venus Elementary School 0

Posted August 27, 2008
My children have been going to Venus ISD their whole lives. They all excel academically and in extracurricular activities. They've all liked the teachers they've had so far. I've never had a problem with the teachers or the staff at the elementary school. Quite the contrary. Every time I've met with them, they seem sincere in wanting my children to succeed. I don't know the problems of some other students and their parents, but I, for one, love this district and my children couldn't imagine going anywhere else.

Venus Elementary School
#20 Bulldog Dr, Venus, TX  76084
Last modified Venus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Venus Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top