Vidor Elementary School 2

Posted January 22, 2014
The principal and staff are mostly nice (with the exception of one or two teachers...but that is at any school). However- they are so unorganized! Anyone could come on campus and kidnap a child and no one would no until the end of the day. My child was put onto the wrong bus in kindergarten and when we talked to the teacher and principal about it they acted like it was our KINDERGARTENERs fault! HELLO! HE WAS FIVE! Your child will more than likely learn at this school but if you send your child here just try to stay very involved and on top of things.

Vidor Elementary School 1

Posted July 11, 2011
We had a bad experience with this school. THe teachers are nice and the staff is friendly- a nd i do believe that they love the students- but they are so so so unorganized! Literally, someone could walk on campus, take your child during lunch or music or recess, (especially lunch) and leave and no one would have a clue! The teachers are good at teaching- but safety is a concern if you have concerns in that area. (ex- foster parent, parent not wanting ex to see child, etc)

Posted May 18, 2011
I feel that Vidor E has really helped my child. The teachers are wonderful. The only down fall I see is that they could use a little more help. I have noticed since the "changes" that the teachers are not happy and really could use more help. I feel that special ed and the smaller children (pre-k and kinder age) should have more help than what they do.

Vidor Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I have 2 children that went through this school. All of the teachers are very nice and are very good with the children. I have a son that has a learning disablity and the counselors, teachers and staff were eager to find the problem and help him. My husband and I also went to this school as children.

Vidor Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
My son moved from a private school to Vidor Elementary and loves his school. The teachers are very nice and helpful and care about the kids. They rated exemplary on last years TAKS test and I believe they are off to a good start this year.

Posted January 29, 2008
My children have been attending Vidor elemtary for 4 years now and we love the school. I have no complaints. The teachers there are wonerful.

Vidor Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2007
I have two children that attend this school and overall it's okay. The academics are mainly lots of repative worksheets, my children are often bored. They could use some creative teaching strategies training.

Posted February 04, 2007
My son was in Mrs. Thomas' class in Kindergarten and he did so well! He really loved Mrs. Thomas and she was such a great teacher that we are going to do whatever we can to make sure our other son is in her class next year. Mrs. Thomas is an excellent teacher with realistic expectations of five year olds. Great Teacher!

Vidor Elementary School 2

Posted September 06, 2006
I have become more and more disappointed with the school staff.

Posted June 06, 2005
We moved to Texas in the middle of the school year, and I am so HAPPY my son had Mrs.Thomas in his very important year of kindergarten!! She was GREAT! This is a wonderful school now and they are doing more and more to improve it! The kids love the new cafeteria! Everyone in this school has been great,the teachers,the principal,the nurse, even the ladies in the front office! My son also loves the big fish tank up front!! Can't wait to see who he gets next year! -Taylor's mom

Vidor Elementary School
400 E Railroad, Vidor, TX  77662
Last modified Vidor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vidor Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top