Bad
Good

Great teachers,genuinely want to see you learn and are attentive.I am a sophomore I can honestly say I LOVE La Vega. Go Pirates !!!

I am writing this as a junior at this school and from plenty of involvement throughout the campus. First off, I will concede that this school tends to focus on athletics a bit more than academics, however, that has been changing throughout my HS career. programs such as AVID and CIS have helped immensely, and the curriculum seems acceptable. This past year, we had over 90% of my class pass TAKS, and EOC scores seem to be ok. The main complaint I have for LVHS is the limited opportunities that students at the top of their class have. There are no well established UIL academic teams, mediocre everything else except athletics. We are behind similar schools in the area in terms of academic competition and that is extremely important to success. Over all, I would have to say LV has been an alright experience, but not without faults and relative inferiority. Side note, The field was bought with grants and funds that can only be allocated to that kind program. Each program has separate funding and the school cannot mix funds, technically. Nicer facilities and resources would be nice, but it is not that easy and things could be a lot worse.

I'm a student at La Vega High School. I know our school isn't perfect but what school is. our scores ar low but now that we got our TAKs scores back we were an acceptable school. What other people are saying is not all that true. That's just there opinion. there is some teahers who really do care about the students learning and help them as much as they can. We have a great band which is getting very big and a great AVID program. To make it even better our school is now inforcing school dress code. we are going to have uniforms which is going to improve our school.

i am currentlty a student at lavega hight school.i have one more year.thats if i make it. this school has turned horrible. we dont learn anything.they are bribing us with everything they have so we will pass taks to make them look good.half of the teachers are resining and the other half are being fired.for what? well they think that the teachers arnt teaching,but the truth is they try.its the students here that cause the problems.and mostly the administration.we have over 800 students in the high school and theres only suppose to be about 500.. the junior high is bumping the 8th graders up even if they dont pass the taks just to get them out of there.so now our taks scores are the lowest and i mean at the very bottom of the chart out of all the schools around here.

I am Parent and gradute of Lavega High School. i was a great place to go high school. Now my 7 year old goes there and it's still a great place of learing..

This school is horrible, and I speak from experience. I moved from a very respectable charter school that had high expectations that was located in the north, and I felt very under challenged. There were fights every other day, drug busts, teachers not respecting students, and students not respecting teachers. Academically the school is behind times. I took all 8 of my classes, and the only one that challenged my mind was pre-cal, and that almost didn't make it. I'm a student who cares greatly about my studies and it seems as if the students, administrative staff and the school board did not care!! I also want to state that athletics (especially football) they were more favored, take for example: the school board choose to purchase an afro turf football field with a new track, instead of purchasing new updated books for higher learning experiences, or new updated servers.

I am a former student, and I can say from experience that while there are room for many improvements, there are good things going on at La Vega High. The band, while I was there, consistently achieved their goals, the choir won medals and trophies, and although we never won a single football game, our football team was always in high spirits.

Last modified La Vega High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.