Posted November 06, 2013
Great teachers,genuinely want to see you learn and are attentive.I am a sophomore I can honestly say I LOVE La Vega. Go Pirates !!!

La Vega High School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
I am writing this as a junior at this school and from plenty of involvement throughout the campus. First off, I will concede that this school tends to focus on athletics a bit more than academics, however, that has been changing throughout my HS career. programs such as AVID and CIS have helped immensely, and the curriculum seems acceptable. This past year, we had over 90% of my class pass TAKS, and EOC scores seem to be ok. The main complaint I have for LVHS is the limited opportunities that students at the top of their class have. There are no well established UIL academic teams, mediocre everything else except athletics. We are behind similar schools in the area in terms of academic competition and that is extremely important to success. Over all, I would have to say LV has been an alright experience, but not without faults and relative inferiority. Side note, The field was bought with grants and funds that can only be allocated to that kind program. Each program has separate funding and the school cannot mix funds, technically. Nicer facilities and resources would be nice, but it is not that easy and things could be a lot worse.

La Vega High School 4

Posted May 24, 2010
I'm a student at La Vega High School. I know our school isn't perfect but what school is. our scores ar low but now that we got our TAKs scores back we were an acceptable school. What other people are saying is not all that true. That's just there opinion. there is some teahers who really do care about the students learning and help them as much as they can. We have a great band which is getting very big and a great AVID program. To make it even better our school is now inforcing school dress code. we are going to have uniforms which is going to improve our school.

Posted May 04, 2010

Posted May 04, 2010

La Vega High School
555 East Loop 340, Waco, TX  76705
Last modified La Vega High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Vega High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top