Wedgeworth Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2012
I am new to Waxahachie Isd for the 2012/13 school year. I currently have two children enrolled in Wedgeworth (kindergarden & 3rd grade). I agree, my childrens teachers are great ;however, on occasion I have witnessed staff & faculty members project rude speech to both other parents as well as students. I myself have even been treated very cold by front office personnel and staff. Be aware there are things that need to be improved upon. The jury is still out on this one...

Wedgeworth Elementary School 0

Posted February 26, 2010
Not sure how good the school is but i know that my sons teacher is the best teacher he has ever had! the school is doing all they can to help him improve after being so far behind from life school red oak! i want to thank the third grade and especially his teacher for all the hard work and dedication your putting into my son! thank you

Posted February 11, 2010
Not a school I would have my kids in by choice. There are one or two decent teachers in the school, and they have a strange ideas about scholastic discipline, and what core skills, and knowledge are important. My fifth grader could not tell me who George Washington, or Benjamin Franklin was, but knew the entire history of Michelle Obama. They are only interested in the TAK scores, and teach the kids little more than that.

Wedgeworth Elementary School 5

Posted January 29, 2008
Teachers we have had are very good and go the extra mile. My kids have enjoyed it. Been here for several years and have found several families who are very involved at campus as well. Keeping kids safe is a high priority.

Wedgeworth Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2007
I agree with the other parents that have posted reviews. This has good and bad teachers. I have been fortunate that my kids have good the good ones. But while visiting the campus just to see how things go or just to eat lunch with my son, Some of the teachers and administrative staff are very rude.

Posted September 11, 2007
I have two children going to this school! I am very unhappy with this school. This school is trying to base themselves on the TAKS scores not pride themselves on how they are with the children.

Wedgeworth Elementary School 5

Posted September 05, 2006
This is truly a wonderful school. I moved into this community in 2000 at which time the school wasn't doing very well, but in a matter of 6 years, the school has gone from a so so school with API scores of 700 to 925 for 2005-2006 school year. I like the teachers in school. They are all very caring. They are not lazy like some other school teachers. They give plenty of challenging homework, not just busy work. The parents are also very involved. Very good school for your children if you really want them to learn.

Posted November 18, 2003
This is not the school you want your child attending! I have talked with other parents and they have had problems as well for example one child was punished for talking by taking her lunch away and she was in first grade! Please help the parents of this community stop schools like this by speaking out. Yes i transfered my child out and so have other parents and it is not hard to do...

Wedgeworth Elementary School
405 Solon Road, Waxahachie, TX  75165
Last modified Wedgeworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wedgeworth Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top