Bad
Good

I am new to Waxahachie Isd for the 2012/13 school year. I currently have two children enrolled in Wedgeworth (kindergarden & 3rd grade). I agree, my childrens teachers are great ;however, on occasion I have witnessed staff & faculty members project rude speech to both other parents as well as students. I myself have even been treated very cold by front office personnel and staff. Be aware there are things that need to be improved upon. The jury is still out on this one...

Wedgeworth Elementary is an exemplary school in the WISD district. The children are treated with respect and are encouraged to be independent. The teachers are new and tough but also understanding and patient. The homework depends on the teacher and the grades but is not overwhelming. My son has blossomed in this school and next year my daughter will follow him to Wedgeworth.

Not sure how good the school is but i know that my sons teacher is the best teacher he has ever had! the school is doing all they can to help him improve after being so far behind from life school red oak! i want to thank the third grade and especially his teacher for all the hard work and dedication your putting into my son! thank you

Not a school I would have my kids in by choice. There are one or two decent teachers in the school, and they have a strange ideas about scholastic discipline, and what core skills, and knowledge are important. My fifth grader could not tell me who George Washington, or Benjamin Franklin was, but knew the entire history of Michelle Obama. They are only interested in the TAK scores, and teach the kids little more than that.

Teachers we have had are very good and go the extra mile. My kids have enjoyed it. Been here for several years and have found several families who are very involved at campus as well. Keeping kids safe is a high priority.

I agree with the other parents that have posted reviews. This has good and bad teachers. I have been fortunate that my kids have good the good ones. But while visiting the campus just to see how things go or just to eat lunch with my son, Some of the teachers and administrative staff are very rude.

I have two children going to this school! I am very unhappy with this school. This school is trying to base themselves on the TAKS scores not pride themselves on how they are with the children.

Last modified Wedgeworth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.