American Fork, UT

Greenwood School 2

Posted April 06, 2013
I was a student last year. Education is bad. I was a student in this school in 5th and 6th grade. Some teachers are nice and kind while some others are not so much. The teachers will help you a little and that is also only if you want to. The worst point of this school is the education is not very good. As of with me, I was a student with grades and end of school year exam scores above the other children. I wanted to either move up a grade, or take some better classes but they wouldn't let me. Also when i moved to Boise the studies were way more effective and harder. There is a lot of competition in my present school too. The studies they taught in greenwood were equal to one grade lower in Boise.

Greenwood School 0

Posted April 16, 2010
I think this school wonderful! All of the teachers and staff have been great with my children, not one complaint from me! The secretaries are so warm and friendly, and everyone here goes out of their way to help my children and me too! I love the special education dept here. They have worked so hard with two of my children! I have moved several times, and been to several schools, but now when I move, I stay in the school boundries so my children can continue going here. Thank you Greenwood!

Greenwood School 4

Posted February 02, 2010

Greenwood School 2

Posted June 17, 2007
I am a parent who is very involved in my child's education. I have spent countless hours working with my twin sons and daughter to help them excel in school. As teachers go for Greenwood, I would say that they are like any other school. You can tell if you have a good teacher by the quality of assignments that your children bring home. I think that Greenwood could try harder to give parents more notice for planned activities. I have found that this school is adequate as long as the parents get involved in the child's education.

Greenwood School 5

Posted January 12, 2006
We have had children at Greenwood for 7 years. We LOVE Greenwood Elementary! We love that it is a traditional school instead of an extended day school. The class sizes are smaller. We moved from Lehi 7 years ago and from an extended day school. We loved Greenwood right away. My sister substituted my son's class that year in our old Lehi school and at Greenwood. She told me to be grateful we were now at Greenwood. The difference was incredible to her. The teachers at Greenwood are awesome! They care about the students and communicate very well with us. Maybe the parent who doesn't get communication needs to ask their student every Wednesday to give him/her the stack of papers that are in the student's backpack. The school sends papers home every Wednesday and does a great job communicating with parents. Way to go Greenwood!!

Greenwood School 4

Posted December 07, 2005
I do not understand parents like this who do NOTHING to make their school a better place. It takes more than teachers to make a great school. It ALSO takes good parents. My kindergarten student has always brought information home in plenty of time for activites. Maybe if parents took the time to be INVOLVED in their childrens life all schools would BE GREAT SCHOOLS. I have spent 3 years at Greenwood Elementary and I think it is a wonderful school. The staff go out of their way to make every child feel special. There are better schools out there (as in looks, money for frivolous programs, etc...)but no school beats the team effort at Greenwood to make sure all students succeed. If you have any problems with any teacher YOU need to be a responsible parent and deal with it.

Greenwood School 1

Posted September 30, 2005
This school has done nothing but mess up pretty much everything since my kindergardener started this year. They do not notify parents about activities until a dew days before making planning for helping your child next to impossible. If you are thinking of considering this school for your childs education, DON'T! And if you are in its limits, fight tooth and nail to get them tranferred to another school!

Greenwood School
50 East 200 South, American Fork, UT  84003
Last modified Greenwood School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top