Posted March 06, 2014
This school is fantastic. The teachers and staff are amazing. The standards in all areas are extremely high. After moving to New England to have our children go to the highest rated schools in the country we quickly found that the environment that our children are taught in sets the precedence for how and what they learn. After coming back to UT and searching for a school that would meet all our needs (academic and environment) we found American Heritage to be second to none. Their strong emphasis on principals and values are unfounded in schools today. We feel Amrican Heritage is an extension of how we teach our children in our home. There is no other place we would rather they receive their education.

Posted June 12, 2013
I wonder what the agenda is of those posting the negative comments. Also, are they confusing the American Heritage of American Fork with the other AHS schools. My child attended the last 4 years in AF, scored 33 on the ACT and was accepted at UofU and BYU, the only schools she applied to. The head of school is amazing and the teachers are degreed with many having Masters and even some with a Ph.d. Your child will receive great care, an excellent education and establish a moral compass. They will learn how to research original sources to establish true intent. If you believe the Nation was founded by divine guidance and that the Constitution is the law of the land, amendable, but not open to change thru popular opinion or judicial fiat, you will really enjoy your experience. No question, if you are a liberal, progressive, who loves President Obama and the NSA tracking everything you do, this school is not for you.

Posted April 22, 2013
This school is excellent. I have had my children at Challenger in the past. This school not only excels in a great education of the fundamentals, but supports the arts as well! I have children 1st thru 8th grades. This school is amazing! The youth are inspired to reach their goals as well as love learning. The teachers truly love the children. This is shown everyday as they strive to provide a education that is equal to other private schools that are triple the price!

Posted January 16, 2013
We have attended American Heritage for 8 years. I had a son graduate from there. It is a great school. My son who is in college felt the school prepared him so well. I have a child with special learning needs and while they don't have a program for this, they do their best to work with her. The love shown to her has helped her grow leaps and bounds. I love their LDS centered teachings, the personal atmosphere and the challenging course work. My children have learned to reason and relate beyond their years. Each child feels blessed to go there.

Posted October 02, 2012
We have had our children at AHS for six years and hope to take advantage of this unique and marvelous place until they go to college! I cannot speak too highly of the teachers and administrators with whom we have had the pleasure to work. (Including the school head.) The wonderful people who work here are genuinely interested and concerned for the academic as well as character development and well being of each child. The virtues written in stone above each entrance of the school are taught to the children through the example of the teachers and administrators. What better way to learn than by example? Our children's knowledge of the standard school subjects is quite advanced in comparison with their peers of other schools, and their knowledge of some of the more fundamental principles such as our nation's Christian heritage and their own divine nature is way beyond what you would find elsewhere. I feel that children at AHS are taught secular and spiritual subjects in a very balanced way.

American Heritage School 3

Posted May 15, 2012
This school has excellent character education that is infused with a gospel centered focus. AHS is perceived as academically challenging yet the thinking level is very low. Students have beautiful penmanship from copying, but there isn't a lot of learning in simply copying what the teacher puts on the board. Many teachers don't have the education, nor credentials needed to be good teachers- just look at the bios. Lecture, copying, and memorizing seem to be the primary mode of instruction which works for some. The test scores appear to be good, but it seems that they don't hold themselves accountable to other schools in the area (just some arbitrary test to post scores with). It seems they have a lot of potential, but don't know how to actually use it. The building is gorgeous with a stunning interior, yet the actual instruction is not on par with other public, charter, or even private schools in the area. There seems to be an illusion created when on 'tour' that doesn't match reality. I suppose some may care only that their child goes to perpetual Sunday school, but if you choose this school be sure that your child gets an actual education that prepares him for the future.

American Heritage School 1

Posted March 31, 2012
Wowser, I removed my whole family from this school awhile ago. The administration especially Head of School is toxic for students and parents. Stay away from what is becoming a fringe, ultra-orthodox school. Scary!! Their high school is a train wreck.

Posted February 24, 2012
I can't think of a better place and opportunity for children to be able to participate in this school in some way or the other. They have several ways to access inspired curriculum from campus to homeschool to online learning. Our family has been greatly blessed to be a part.

Posted October 18, 2011
My son is in his third year at American Heritage (k-2). He absolutely loves this school. He is reading 3rd grade material, his math skills are fantastic for his age. He is encouraged to bring his guitar to music class so he can share his talent. The two way communication between him and his teachers has always been honest, straightforward, and on the mark. He is expected to learn how to become self-governed. Yet everything revolves around a loving atmosphere where students are free to get a hug from their teacher if they want one. Each of his teachers has almost become extended members of our family in their own way because he loves to talk about them so much. Test scores are well above state and national averages. Perhaps even more importantly, my son is learning the gospel of Jesus Christ in a public setting with his friends. Because of this he is neither embarrassed nor wondering when it s ok to talk about the gospel.

Posted September 04, 2011
I love working at this school and sincerely wish this had been a part of each of my children's lives. Communication is open, honest, direct and respectful. Students are held accountable - and so are staff members. And each is also supported and encouraged to succeed. High standards ... and all the tools needed to make the climb ... What could be better?!

American Heritage School
736 N 1100 E, American Fork, UT  84003
Last modified American Heritage School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
American Heritage School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.