1,161 students|Iron District

Bad
Good

The school is the best in Cedar City. It would be nice if there was a charter school option for grades 9-12 in Cedar.

Of all the High-Schools in Utah, Cedar High School seemingly trumps them all! With epic teachers, a new building, and a very friendly environment, (And not the mention the best 3(A) Band in the State!) Cedar High is a legend among legends! REDMEN!!!

I LOVE CEDAR HIGH SCHOOL SO MUCH!!!! Its the BEST SCHOOL EVER!!! I never wanna go to another school!

You get what you want to get out of school, and if you don't want an excellent education, you'll get one at Cedar High. True, I didn't learn a ton in all of my classes, but I always had several exceptional teachers every year who could've been earning a lot more money somewhere else. I especially loved the AP and honors curriculum. Those teachers are whom I compared all of my college professors to, and my high school teachers at CHS came out head and shoulders above them. For example, I studied linguistics and never found a language teacher better than Herr Corry. Not all of the teachers at Cedar are this exceptional, but there are enough to make a difference.

I am a graduate of CHS. I now have children at CHS. I felt that they had a great program in the eighties, but as a parent seeing it through adult eyes I really appreiciate all the CHS staff does for my student. They ave worked with him in many ways, and in not lost in the shuffle. The teachers put in much more than they get paid for, i feel it has been a very well rounded education for my children

This school is rather disappointing, as a student. I would like to consider myself an advanced student when it comes to literature. I have asked several times to be moved up at least one class, because I was literally finishing the work assigned us in class, or reading the books in a few hours. However, each time I asked, I was rejected. Also, their sports programs completely eclipse their teaching programs. Students who participate in any sport are immediately given special attention, such as getting extra time to do homework, extra credit when they do well at a game, etc. I find this both annoying and unfair, as I work very, very hard for my grades, and the other students get theirs handed to them on a silver platter - or in this case, a red and gold one.

I attended here for all 4 years of high school, and I loved the atmosphere. They had advanced classes available, and the teaching was pretty good, but what I really liked was the people. There were so many different types of people, but everyone got along.

I love Cedar High School its been a great experience from the begining.

The teachers are completely insane, the drama department has been ruined the art department is sliding. burn it down.

Last modified Cedar City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.