559 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I've subbed here several times and always had a great experience. It is not a perfect school, but the world isn't perfect either. What makes this school work is that it has a caring faculty and administration that do their best with limited resources.

Amount of homework: Disagree

It is very hard to complete the daily homework that is sent home each week along with the typing & reading every night (Which I don't have a problem with the reading) for parents that both work full time and do not get home until late at night. I wish we had the weekends to finish the homework like we did in 2nd grade last year. That was a great help to have those 2 extra days to help your child get the work done.

We have always had a great experience with this school. My son has been attending Parkside since Kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade. All of his teachers have been wonderful and I have enjoyed the experience with helping in class with all of them. My son will continue to go to this school until he graduates from 6th grade.

My son went to Kindergarten here in from 2012-2013 and was fortunate enough to get into Mrs Petersen's class. Though he's a bit delayed (which is why he was approved for full day kindergarten), he flourished under her teaching style! Sadly we moved him out of the school due to bullying issues that we found out about later so we didn't even get a chance to work with the school to see how they'd handle the situation. There was lots of diversity in that school if that's important to you. I hear they used to have way more field trips and programs but due to budget cuts, things changed though I'm confident that was a statewide problem felt with schools, not just Parkside. I had some nit picky issues with the school but overall I was glad my son went there!

Great Administration and Teachers!

Last modified Parkside School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.