Old Mill School 5

Posted May 21, 2013
Old Mill Elementary is one of the finest schools I have known. The teachers not only teach the core curriculum, but they make learning come alive for the students. They are kind and high energy teachers whom the students love spending their time with.

Old Mill School 5

Posted January 26, 2013
Great principal, dedicated teachers, and a beautiful building. What more could you ask for? Compared to other schools in the area, Old Mill has a very professional feel. Teachers take their job seriously but are warm and inviting at the same time. I continue to be impressed.

Old Mill School 1

Posted September 01, 2011
My son attended K-4 at OME. It was a terrible experience for my son, one that I am glad is finally over now that he is in 5th grade. My greatest criticism is for Principal H, whose apathetic attitude toward parental concerns for their children and robot-like interaction with the students should disqualify him to be the Principal of an Elementary school (I have talked to several parents who feel the same way). It seems that he just wants to collect his $91,524/yr paycheck + $36,225/yr in benefits (according to utahsright.com) and not have to deal with anyone's problems/concerns. Isn't that what we taxpayers pay him for? The bullying problem is out of control, largely in part because Mr. H and the teachers don't do anything about it. My son was hit in the face by a bully and Mr. H made my son feel as if it was his fault by telling him to just stay out of the bully's way next time. I've had to send my son to a child psychologist to try and undue the damage caused by his years at OME. Go back to being a Woodshop teacher, Mr. H. You are clearly not cut out to be an Elementary School Principal! Lastly, the Kindergarten & 4th grade teachers are terrible; the rest are pretty good.

Old Mill School 0

Posted February 07, 2010
I am very impressed with the principal. He is actively involved with the school and the students, encouraging good behavior and high academic standards. Teachers are friendly and concerned with keeping students challenged while supporting them through the learning process. I am a huge fan of the 'power hour' which gives students a chance to meet in small groups [5 or less] that focus intensely on reading skills. This is an excellent school. ** all elementary schools are now K-4th grade. 5-6 grades are in the Intermediate School, 7-8 are in the Junior High, and 9-12 at the new High School.

Old Mill School
1600 East 980 South, Heber City, UT  84032
Last modified Old Mill School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Old Mill School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top