893 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 21, 2015
Shout out to the faculty and the administration. I was really not sure about Central Davis as I had heard things, but my neighbors said that the reputation it had has all changed and that this is an elite school in all categories. I have found this to be true with my daughter.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted October 21, 2015
Can I just say that after meeting my daughter's teacher at Back to School night and at Parent Teacher Conference that I feel they have my child's best interest in mind.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 21, 2015
I would put "just right" to "too much". However, my daughter is in two honors classes and other things that require a bit more time.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
The teachers and students, according to my daughter, say that the teachers really try to help all students learn and that they have different approaches to learning. I asked her about how kids treat each other and she said that she hardly hears swearing in the halls and that kids are very helpful and kind to each other. She doesn't see the clicks like she did at the charter school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
My daughters 7th grade English teacher, as well as some of the others, spoke to the students about plagiarism and doing their own work. The teachers are big on student accountability while also helping the student learn and master the assignments and content.

Central Davis Jr High School 5

Posted October 21, 2015
What an amazing school. My daughter attended a charter school for 1 year and we did not care that experience. We heard from our neighbors about Central Davis and the amazing honors and AP classes they offer and the incredible music program. Our daughter has love this school and has made some wonderful friends. Thank you Central Davis Faculty!!!

Central Davis Jr High School 5

Posted September 02, 2015
All of my children have attended, and one is still attending CDJH. They have participated in the schools Honor's Program and AP classes. The school has kept them challenged and engaged mentally, socially and physically. They have a great overall staff and a majority of teachers who are still excited to be teaching. The sports program is as good for the girls as it is for the boys. Being from out of state, I worried about my kids finding their place here in Utah; Central Davis Junior High has been a wonderful school and a place of inclusion for my children. They have not only learned, but grown, excelled and made lasting friendships. GO CUBS!

Central Davis Jr High School 3

Posted March 04, 2015
Overall I would rate this Jr. High as pretty average, with its downsides being more attributed to the student's attitudes rather than the staff here. I really enjoyed my experience at this school though. Classes: Art: 1/5 English: 5/5 Languages: 3/5 Sports: 5/5 Science: 1/5 Math:3/5 History: 2/5 Teachers: Only a few exceptional ones. Some don't care about their jobs at all and are very lazy. On administrators: I really liked the principle and the guidance counselors. My guidance counselor gave me good resources and helped me a lot. On bullying: Many times bullying was not noticed by administration and 2.) When it was reported it did continue, but I attribute this partially to the internet as well, which the school couldn't really control all that well. Drugs: A lot of kids do drugs here, be careful.

Central Davis Jr High School 1

Posted July 28, 2014
I was a student at this school.. My experience with this school was horrible...I only had a few friends and everyone started bullying me and even talking about me behind my back...I got bullied just for being different!

Central Davis Jr High School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My kids were so worried about starting a new school this year, as was I. It has turned out to be a wonderful change in our lives.

663 Church St, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Central Davis Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Davis Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top