Layton, UT

Central Davis Jr High School 3

Posted March 04, 2015
Overall I would rate this Jr. High as pretty average, with its downsides being more attributed to the student's attitudes rather than the staff here. I really enjoyed my experience at this school though. Classes: Art: 1/5 English: 5/5 Languages: 3/5 Sports: 5/5 Science: 1/5 Math:3/5 History: 2/5 Teachers: Only a few exceptional ones. Some don't care about their jobs at all and are very lazy. On administrators: I really liked the principle and the guidance counselors. My guidance counselor gave me good resources and helped me a lot. On bullying: Many times bullying was not noticed by administration and 2.) When it was reported it did continue, but I attribute this partially to the internet as well, which the school couldn't really control all that well. Drugs: A lot of kids do drugs here, be careful.

Central Davis Jr High School 5

Posted January 18, 2015
I am not a parent but a student of this school. I really like the teachers at this school as they are continually challenging me. I love having 10 different classes compared to 7 last year. We have 5 periods each day and the school day seems to go by a lot faster and we are able to do more things in class that challenge us. I like the fun music in the halls during our class change breaks.I like all of my teachers but I really like my band teacher, my health teacher, my math teacher, and my English teacher, :-)
6 people found this helpful

Posted July 28, 2014
I was a student at this school.. My experience with this school was horrible...I only had a few friends and everyone started bullying me and even talking about me behind my back...I got bullied just for being different!

Posted September 10, 2013
My kids were so worried about starting a new school this year, as was I. It has turned out to be a wonderful change in our lives.
2 people found this helpful

Central Davis Jr High School 5

Posted December 22, 2012
I am not sure what this first individual is referring too that gave Central Davis a 1 star. I know for a fact that the principal and vice principals would NEVER let anything like what was described fly at this great school. This school is focused on safety, academics, and extracurricular.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 26, 2012
My daughter was beaten by girls her first day of 9th grade. She was called hateful names, and then several boys dumped soft drinks over her head while she stood and cried. The principal and vice principal refused to do anything, even after I called the police. They kept asking my daughter what she had done to bring on the attack. This treatment continued in our East side neighborhood and at our church. We finally had to take her out of the state to stop the abuse. For pity sake, if there is ANY alternative, please send your children somewhere else!

Posted July 28, 2012
My daughter loves this school! She especially loves the music playing in the halls between periods. This is the first year that she comes home telling me how much she learned. The teachers and parents are caring and involved and want the students to succeed. I have been very pleased with the level of education given to my daughter. Kudos to CDJH teachers and Principal Dave.

Posted December 31, 2007

Posted February 09, 2007
- a administrator

Central Davis Jr High School 3

Posted June 05, 2004
- a former student

Central Davis Jr High School
663 Church St, Layton, UT  84041
Last modified Central Davis Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Davis Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top