788 students|Davis District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My favorite thing about mountain view is the diversity. Thanks to the nearby airforce base there is quite a diverse collection of races and religions that can be hard to find in this state! Downside is the smell from the nearby garbage dump! My kids participate in the gifted program there. It is WONDERFUL!

Some of the teachers are wonderful, while some need to go. Spectrum kids are pulling up the scores for many of the other children in the school, which means that there are students who are getting left behind. The peace builder program is awesome, and as a result, there is very little bullying. This is an average school with a few spectacular people who work really hard.

Our family moved here because of the military and stayed because of the area. We wanted our kids to go to a public school for the diversity. This school has been great for our kids. they have been in both spectrum and non-spectrum classes and have done well in both. I do like the spectrum as it allows my kids to be challenge. the teachers and the principlaeare very involved and do try to work with parents and kids to help the kids succeed. The teachers are different in teaching style, expectations, and organizations...some better than others, but I have not come across any "bad" teachers that just needed to go. I had several growing up so that says alot (in my view).

I have 2 children attending Mountain View Elementary. I am impressed with the principal's involvement with all activities. Great volunteers, and wonderful PTA. I have had an issue with a teacher, but it was speedily resolved, and done so in a professional manner. I feel the teachers and staff care about my children, and want to help them succeed.

My daughter is in 3rd grade now at Mountain View and I have been very impressed with all of the teachers she has had, and also the principal. Their theme of peace building is great and the assignments are challenging and diverse. Very good public education.

My daughter was accepted into the gifted program this school year. Everything about this school is amazing. The teachers are great and I'm not only refering to those who teach in the gifted program. The principal is very involved with the students. Wonderful faculty and support from parents is enormous.

This is a great school. The teachers work hard to meet the individual needs of the students. The AR reading program has done wonders to improve my son's reading. Wonderful computer labs. They start music, art, P.E. and computers in kindergarten. Very strong parent support group (PTA). Tons of volunteers. The staff work very hard to provide the best atmosphere to learn. And it shows!

Last modified Mountain View School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.