Posted February 26, 2014
The 2013 - 2014 school year is our first at LCA, and I could not have asked for a better place for my daughter. LCA is a very loving and caring environment - the teachers view themselves as part of a ministry, so they are content to teach for less money than they would make at a private school. Frankly, the people who complain about tuition costs haven't investigated many high-quality private, Christian schools lately. LCA's tuition is about HALF of what one would pay anywhere else. The school does ask for donations from parents, and offers fun programs like paying $29 dollars per year for a jeans-and-tee-shirts day every few weeks. LCA does this to help raise money for the teachers to supplement their already pathetically low salaries. I, for one, am perfectly happy to support the teachers in this manner. Everything is OPTIONAL, and never once have I or my daughter felt pressured to participate. As a practicing Christian in an otherwise Mormon community, I couldn't imagine a better place for my children. To the person complaining about the dress code, let me just say that it is a huge relief to the kids not to have to conform to peer pressure.

Layton Christian Academy 1

Posted February 13, 2013
We felt very excited to have the opportunity to start a private school. I had 3 children that started LCA since preschool up to elementary. But come 2011-12 school year, everything went south. Tuition sky rocked, fees went up, charges for random things sneaked in, extra donation money always be asked for at least every other month. Then came questions and concerns about the teachers and students. Teachers were over worked and under paid in order to put money towards the building costs. Some teachers weren't teaching and too busy yelling at students and treating childrens disrespectfully. Students behavior started becoming out of hand and inappropriate, foul language used left and right, (including by a couple of the teachers at the students). The response was to "look the other way". This seems inexcuable for a private CHRISTIAN school where values and discipiline should be encouraged. If there was ever questions or concerns, the administration seemed uninterested, brushed it aside, said "There isn't anything we can do", or just were really unfriendly. I would not reccommend LCA. You're better off saving your money for college rather than wasting it there.

Layton Christian Academy 4

Posted July 25, 2012
Our kids started at LCA last year in 2nd & 3rd grades. We moved from out of state and were unhappy with the large class sizes in the public schools. They had a good first year at LCA and we have enrolled them again for this coming year. I agree, the fundraising is excessive and they put the stress on the kids, not the parents, which I don't agree with. The teachers have been amazing and that along with the Bible study, are the reasons we stay. The Principal is fantastic, but I agree the overall Administration/Office Staff come across rude, and seems to have no clue when it comes to customer service. If enrollment is important to them, you wouldn't know it by their actions. Enrollment has dropped considerably for the 12-13 year so maybe they will do some self reflection.. But the way we see it, the teachers are who our kids deal with and they have been fantastic. So if we have to deal with rude Administration then that's something we are willing to do. Overall, considering the few options here in Northern Utah, we are happy with LCA. However, if the drop in enrollment negatively effects the student to teacher ratio we will end up looking for another school.

Posted July 23, 2012
@ the person who commented about the "mandatory" cheer pictures. You know as well as I do that the Team Hazen pictures were completely optional and done in good taste. Bell pictures were also available later in the year; these did not include hair and makeup and were more affordable. If you're going to complain about something, get your facts straight. I take great pride in how I ran that program and always had my girls' best interest at heart. -Coach Buck

Posted March 21, 2012
Our family has been very happy at this school. We are a military family and it is our fourth elementary school in the past six years. The teachers are wonderful & truly care about & invest in our children..... this is easy to do with the smaller class sizes - no more than 20, so we love the one on one attention they get as well as how well the teachers know each child and can easily handle any problems as they arise. LOVE it and feel you cannot go wrong with a Christian education!!

Layton Christian Academy 2

Posted December 13, 2011
First year at this school and so far not a fan. While I love the learning environment they rpovide, I am SICK of the fundraising. Every other week the school is asking for money in addition to the tuition. If you are involved in extra cirricular activities it is even worse. $60 for mandatory cheerleading photos where 3rd graders get their hair and makeup done. Are you kidding me? As a Christian school I would think that they would let little girls be little girls. Overall....dislike.

Layton Christian Academy 1

Posted October 27, 2011
I would give this a higher rating due to the amazing caliber of the teachers, however the administration ruins any descent rating for the academy. There level of customer service is worse than what you would expect at a Wal mart. They are notorious for nickel and diming through fundraiser's all year long. I would rather pay an extra 1000.00 in tuition yearly and not deal with constant nagging on my child to bring money for every other week fundraiser's. Our two girls attended LCA and our oldest, 7 years old, eventually stressed about having dollars to get bracelets or to be able to get brownies during fundraiser's. Our dealings with administration there were unprofessional to say the least. For a business that thrives on numbers they appear to be in no hurry to smile and be kind when you have a concern. They are defensive in nature and rude. I would highly recommend taking your child somewhere else to avoid having to tolerate the administration at this school. At least until they take a few lessons in customer service. Its business basics but they missed that class.

Posted February 09, 2011
This is the best school ever..... i am a student here and I am so glad to get to go to this school.... I suggest it to everyone who is looking for a good, christian school.

Posted January 16, 2011
In the two years my son has been attending LCA it has been a great experience. The academics seem to be above that of a public school. A good example is they start a second language in Kindergarten and have a option for a 3rd in 5-6th grade. This in itself is not a reason to pay for a private school but it is a good start. The staff is very open and communicates with you on a regular basis.

Posted April 01, 2009
Layton christian Academy is the best school i have ever went to compared to the public school this is my freshman year and i will continue going there to i graduate in year2012. MR. Hembrock is a very nice principal and a teacher

Layton Christian Academy
2352 Highway 193, Layton, UT  84040
Last modified Layton Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Layton Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews.