Bad
Good

This school caps class size at 20 students. I love our child's teacher. She is great with the second graders and comes up with creative ways for learning. The principal is very knowledgeable and caring. She takes the time when parents and students need her and has brought many great changes to the school. The school is on a state park and the students can hike all over the hills, which makes for great outdoor learning. The focus in placed-based learning and environmental education and the students not only learn the subject matter, but they learn responsibility for themselves and others, as well as for the environment. I highly recommend this school to everyone, as it surpasses our families expectations.

This school is AMAZING. Our two children have THRIVED at Soldier Hollow. It is truly a unique environment and the teachers and staff focus on students individual needs/strengths. We will forerver be grateful for the boost the Soldier Hollow has given our kids in their education.

Our whole family loves this school! My wife and I recently moved here from Southern California where the schools are surrounded by chain link fences and padlocked shut during school hours. Reminds me of a prison. Soldier Hollow Charter School is set on rolling hills, on the grounds of 2002 Olympic Games and its in a state park! Hello! How awesome is that?? The student/teacher ratio is about 14/1 and they are the only school in the history of the valley to be awarded a Blue Ribbon by the US Department of Education!

I don't recommend this school. The principal is so concerned with money allocated from the state he allows kids in without a classroom for them. He put 50 kindergarteners in a trailer until the fire marshall was called 2 months later.Teachers quit left and right and then he allows parents to teach without a teaching degree while he looks for a new teacher. They have a parent volunteer system, which would be great if they didn't allow some parents to assume authority over the teacher. Yikes!

The administration and staff at this school is amazing. I have never known a better group of caring, conscientious individuals who are more concerned with the proper education and general welfare of my children. The environment that the school is set in is so unique and offers many magical educational opportunities for the students. I love this school. I love what it offers my children and the community.

This is such a great school my children love it!

Last modified Soldier Hollow Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.