Green Acres School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
Green Acres is a great community! Our principal works effectively with parents, teachers and the students. The teachers are engaged and look for ways to challenge the students. The teachers have been supportive of the community, PTA and their students. We have MANY opportunities for parents to be involved. However we do lack adequate numbers of parents who are involved. It seems to be the same people year after year. With that said, Green Acres has the Accelerated Learning program for the district and continues to recruit amazing teachers. Go Grizzlies!

Green Acres School 4

Posted April 01, 2014
We have been at Green Acres for 4 years. The current principal (2014) is extremely involved and very professional about running the school. Many of the teachers are older, but they're well seasoned professionals, rather than worn out and awaiting retirement. But I fully trust the principal's judgement as she replaces those who retire. The 6 teachers my children have had have been caring and nurturing, but run their classrooms with confidence and respect. Last year, the 7 habits were implemented into the school goals, and I see my children effectively learning those and putting them into practice. It IS an older school (though the addition and the grounds are very nice), but the faculty is kind and seem to enjoy their jobs. It's a smaller school, which is actually something I like, because the faculty can know the kids. The true downside of the school is the lack of parental involvement. It is really hard to staff school events. Several teachers have said that some parents who sign up to help in the classroom aren't very reliable. Overall, it's a good school. I've seen my children grow and learn. And isn't that exactly what we want from a school??!!!

Green Acres School 5

Posted May 21, 2009
My oldest has attended this school since Kindergarten and is finishing third grade next week. During her time at this school, we have both truly enjoyed the experiences and the teachers. I've been impressed with how more advanced concepts, like mathematical concepts, have been introduced in early years through very simple, very accessible activities. The work loads have been reasonable, and teacher communication has been great. It is unfortunate that the previous reviewer has had negative experiences with the principal; I've had nothing but positive experiences with him. He really seems to enjoy interacting with the students at Green Acres; he has been present at every event -- however minor -- that takes place at the school. And the students really seem to love and respect him! All in all, I've been very happy with our experiences at this school.

Green Acres School 1

Posted February 21, 2008
The principal is very rude and inconsiderate. The school feels like a prison. I is not a friendly atmosphere.

Green Acres School 3

Posted March 05, 2004

Green Acres School
640 East 1900 North, Ogden, UT  84414
Last modified Green Acres School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Acres School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top