474 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Sharon School 1

Posted February 20, 2014
I really don't have anything good to say about this school. Please don't think I am one of those moms who got her feathers ruffled and wants to tantrum, I have just been very disappointed and wish that someone had given me a heads up. I signed up for every single chance I could to help out in my daughters 2nd grade class (field trips, parties, after school activities, even prep) and was not once called to help or participate in any way. I even went in and randomly asked if there was something I could do to be involved. Nothing. They had activities that rewarded the students based on their parents availability, punishing the kids whose parents couldn't go in during the school day, leaving them to sit at their desk while their classmates got to play games and eat treats. They were constantly asking for money and had so many fundraisers I can't even remember half of them. If you are a parent who wants to be involved I would really suggest looking at another school...the district allows students to attend any of the local schools as long as you are willing to drive...just fyi.

Posted August 26, 2009
We are enjoying Sharon Elementary! We are only in our second year at the same but have found the teachers to be great. They are committed and hardworking. Sharon is diverse in it's economic status as well as race. We appreciate that here in Utah County. It is one the most diverse family populations in Alpine School District, if not the most. We are happy to support our local public school.

Posted May 28, 2008
The classes are small and kids have the attention they deserve.. Teachers are great and dedicated. They need to demand more from the children and the parents specially those who are not native speakers. From my experience parents in other countries are used to be involved in their children's education. I love sharon

Posted March 24, 2007
Sharon Elementary has some hurdles to overcome - the school has a large hispanic population, so ESL is a very big deal, and a lot of low income families. Our experience at Sharon was very positive. There was a great student/teacher ratio. The teachers tried very hard to meet the needs of the students and there were a lot of extracurricular activities. Because of issues with the principal, many parents chose not to be involved in the PTA. The principal was aloof and hard to warm up to, but the office staff was wonderful. I was sad when we moved because I really felt Sharon Elementary had a lot to offer.

Sharon School
525 North 400 East, Orem, UT  84097
Last modified Sharon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.