Posted March 10, 2014
I like the quality of education my children receive at Northridge. We started out of area and experienced another school where my child received top grades but was not learning grade appropriate material. Her teacher helped her catch up to grade level and excel but the following grade. The teachers do an amazing job. I like the principal and her genuine concern for the students. She has helped me on a few occasions where I needed help with situations at school. She is a good leader. I like the high level of parent involvement that allows teachers to accomplish more and children to get 1on1 attention.

Posted September 04, 2012
Northridge is a fabulous school! My daughter is in second grade and has had only the best of teachers! I don't know of one 'bad' teacher there. I wouldn't have my child go anywhere else. GO NIGHTHAWKS!!!

Posted August 24, 2012
I love Northridge Elementary. I had three kids attend there, and I have two more kids there right now. Northridge is in the top 30 Elementary Schools in the entire state of Utah. The teachers truly care about each child's academic performance. The computer, art and music programs are excellent. I feel that my children were prepared for Junior High and received a well rounded education. The PTA and parents are very supportive. I can't imagine a better school. Go Nighthawks !

Northridge School 3

Posted June 20, 2012
BEWARE OF FIRST GRADE TEACHER. There is a first grade teacher who was teaching less than half the year. I caught her yelling at the kids. She was very cruel when she was there. She requested no parent helpers so she could "get control of the class" My daughter came home saying her teacher was always mad. She felt sad all year and would come home so upset she would cry! I wish I wouldn't have let her stay. I couldn't believe how she treated the students and my daughter did not learn anything the whole year due to her teachers lack of caring and constant absence!!! I wanted to be supportive of her because I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, until I actually surprised my daughter for lunch and caught her teacher litterally FREAKING OUT on 2 kids in the class. When she spoke to the kids it was very negative and this should just be stopped. Another parent went to the principle and the principle just told her to go to another school because she was out of area anyway! So, basically a whole year of hardship and nothing learned.

Northridge School 2

Posted May 31, 2012
New Principal is very unorganized. She seems incompetent and lacks confidence as a leader of children and of her teachers. I tried to ask her for help and support for my struggling daughter, her comment was this, "well, that's what's wrong with this school model. It's not what's best for kids." I asked her if it was good teaching practice for her 1st grade core teacher to show so many movies, and she said how else do you control 26 kids?

Northridge School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
My son currently attends this school and has ever since kindergarden .This is a great school academically. I have had no problems with the teachers and the principal seems concerned about the welfare of the school and the students. However I am pulling my son out due to social problems at the school. He has had alot of problems with bullying and the kids don't seem to be very friendly. I am not sure if he personally needs some improvement on his social skills and/or if it's because he is one of the only ethnic kids at the school. Other than that the school is great.

Northridge School 0

Posted February 11, 2010
Excessive homework to compensate for sometimes mediocre teaching. Principal is true politician. There are a number of outstanding teachers and staff members though. Music, art, and computers are two areas I think you would be hard pressed to find any better.

Northridge School 4

Posted September 11, 2009
This is a school with very high parent involvement. There are some excellent teachers, and the school is known for its excellent specialty programs. The principal administrates well for the masses, but is poor with one on one and special needs. The school is still on an extended day schedule which is, in my opinion, a very poor choice, especially for the younger students.

Posted September 01, 2009
Very impressive programs and curriculum! Great teachers, especially the specialty teachers.

Posted June 03, 2009
Northridge is one of the best schools in the state and competes with any private school on both an academic and extra curricular level. The only disadvantage is the current Principal who works poorly with the parents and staff and a district that is intent on dismantling the programs because they make all the other schools 'look bad.' A top of the line Spanish immersion program was one of the first causalities.

Northridge School
1660 North 50 East, Orem, UT  84057
Last modified Northridge School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northridge School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.