Orem, UT
After care: No

Cascade School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
Not happy with this school! It is a heavy LDS school. While my daughter is mixed race that isn't a issue. I do wonder why there isn't a more diverse set of students here. The office staff is kind to your face. My daughter is in Kindergarden her teacher has told me that "She didn't want to know what is going on." between her father and I. I am not one to give all details but given the situation that I and my daughter are in requires basic information. I have emailed her teacher asking about my daughter's progress with no response. I haven't received any weekly emails for a few weeks now! Yet my ex receives them. I am the primary parent! Needless to say I am looking for a different school for her next year.

Posted September 20, 2014
I love this school and the staff so much. My son is in Chinese immersion and he loves it as well. Mrs. Stevens, Mrs. Hutchison, mrs. Olsen and Mr. Lui are the best!! So is Mrs. Britany Phelps! We love the principal, Mr. Campbell as well. Even the office staff and lunch ladies are the bomb.com!! Hands down, best school in the county!

Posted April 18, 2013
Cascade is incredible! I have two children at this school. The principal is outstanding, teachers are caring, I have absolutely no complaints. We are actually out of area because we wanted to enroll our children in the Chinese immersion program and we highly recommend it. The English teachers our children have are phenomenal and same with Chinese. Cascade is a warm, friendly environment. I definitely recommend Cascade.

Posted January 24, 2012
I have a kindergartner going here, and I am very happy with the school. We love Mrs. Black; she goes above and beyond to teach and care for the class.

Cascade School 1

Posted April 13, 2011
Do not let your child attend this school if you are not LDS. My review is on a personal level but my child was promptly harassed about not going to the other children's ward in the lunch cafiteria. Speaking with the principal got my nowhere because he was unsure of the child involved! Her teacher was very impatient with her and would "smack" her on the arm if my daughter did not understand what was being asked of her. My daughter only attended this school for a couple of weeks and came home with "frequent" headaches and would cry nonstop the night before school. This was very unlike her because she's always received good grades and never missed class in her old school. I have gotten her transferred to another school here and now she is back to her old self again and loves school!

Posted November 20, 2008

Posted October 01, 2008
I loved the science teacher, Mr. Jacob. He has been the best teacher I ever had.

Cascade School 3

Posted August 29, 2006
While I haven't been terribly impressed with the academics at Cascade, from what I can gather they are doing as much or more than most schools in the area. There is no extracurricular activity at all in my experience (grades 1 through 4). My oldest son also had problems with bullies with no action ever being taken toward the bullies by teachers or administration. Teacher involvement could be better, but in my experience is limited by the lack of teacher interest than lack of willing parents. I have 3 boys attend and my wife and I have volunteered to do all sorts of things and have only had two teachers consistently take us up on it. Both were experienced faculty of which there are very few in this school.

Posted August 21, 2006
I have been very happy with the school. Academically they are great. They also have an after school orchestra program, as well as academic decathelon preparation for grades 4-6. The city has a widespread extracurricular sports program, so there is less emphasis on school sponsored sports.

Posted May 08, 2006
Overall I am satisfied with the school. However I have been concerned with, what seems to me, a lack of harsh enough consequences for children who bully and bother other children relentlesly. I have been very happy with all my childrens teachers, with the exception of one. There is great parent involvement at this school. I haven't been too impressed with the extracurricular activities offered. It seems that there isn't much in the area of 'extras'. Academically this school is great. My children always learn what they need to and enjoy it - for the most part. Basically, I am happy with the school with the exception of the policy on disciplining children who seem to be bullies.

Cascade School
160 North 800 East, Orem, UT  84097
Last modified Cascade School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cascade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top