735 students|Alpine District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Grateful to: Parent

Posted July 13, 2016
I am grateful for all the Watchdog Dads who participated and volunteered at the school this year. My kids loved having dads on the playground and in their classrooms.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 13, 2016
I have loved every one of my kid's teachers. They are good to communicate and reach out whenever needed. My kids are happy and love to learn.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 13, 2016
The current principal has really tightened up how much homework is given so that it isn't too much.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 13, 2016
This year they implemented the Cougar 5 which is a set of standards the students live by! They also have a Kindness Club and really focus on character building.

Posted July 13, 2016
My kids love to READ! I attribute this to the teachers and principal at Cascade. The teachers are caring and there is a great community here. Though we are not part of the Chinese Immersion program, I love the diversity and cultural awareness the program brings to the school! Plus my kids learn a little bit of Chinese and get to participate in the cultural events!

Posted August 27, 2015
Cascade is amazing! Not only do the staff genuinely care about your students, they care about you, too. The teachers and their passion for their jobs have helped me out more than once. I literally have too many great stories about them to post! They have literally taken my child mid-tantrum, so that I could go home and have a good cry. They are the reason my kids read for hours every day. They provide great opportunities through the Chinese Immersion program for my kids, as well as field trips, Reflections, Ribbon Week, Book Swap, etc. Cascade Cougars love to learn, show respect, and do their best!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 27, 2015
My oldest just started 5th grade and I LOVE that the only homework he is assigned is whatever classwork did not get completed. I feel like this is more in line with real life and an appropriate level of homework.

Cascade School 1

Posted December 16, 2014
Not happy with this school! It is a heavy LDS school. While my daughter is mixed race that isn't a issue. I do wonder why there isn't a more diverse set of students here. The office staff is kind to your face. My daughter is in Kindergarden her teacher has told me that "She didn't want to know what is going on." between her father and I. I am not one to give all details but given the situation that I and my daughter are in requires basic information. I have emailed her teacher asking about my daughter's progress with no response. I haven't received any weekly emails for a few weeks now! Yet my ex receives them. I am the primary parent! Needless to say I am looking for a different school for her next year.

Posted September 20, 2014
I love this school and the staff so much. My son is in Chinese immersion and he loves it as well. Mrs. Stevens, Mrs. Hutchison, mrs. Olsen and Mr. Lui are the best!! So is Mrs. Britany Phelps! We love the principal, Mr. Campbell as well. Even the office staff and lunch ladies are the bomb.com!! Hands down, best school in the county!

Posted April 18, 2013
Cascade is incredible! I have two children at this school. The principal is outstanding, teachers are caring, I have absolutely no complaints. We are actually out of area because we wanted to enroll our children in the Chinese immersion program and we highly recommend it. The English teachers our children have are phenomenal and same with Chinese. Cascade is a warm, friendly environment. I definitely recommend Cascade.

160 North 800 East, Orem, UT  84097
Last modified Cascade School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.