PK-6|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Please consider that the negative review and comments below were written by a parent who was asked to leave over a year ago for repeatedly disrupting the peace and tranquility of our school. We thank the Park City community for 28 years of working with happy, peaceful, successful children - our graduates have gone on to become scholars, athletes, artists, entrepreneurs, scientists and humanitarians. Anyone who is unfamiliar with the school should come by for a tour. We have an expansive outdoor classroom, organic gardens and natural playscape. Our teachers average seven years with us, all have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, 40% have Master's degrees in education and all teachers have or are working toward American Montessori Society credentials. Our students have, for almost three decades, tested far above the national norm and transitioned successfully into local schools. Our slogan is "education for peace" and we will continue to ask anyone who disrupts the peace and tranquility of this environment to find another school where they can be happy.
October 15, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

The owners are the biggest bullies and only care about the bottom line.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

This school doesn't care about the community or the people that live and work there.

If I could I wouldn't even give this school 1 star. Here's the true store of how this school has NO compassion!!! When my son became tragically sick and we had to pull my daughter out of school to move to another state to seek out treatments for him, the school/ owners told us if we didn't pay for the last 3 months they would take us to court. As you can imagine, we were faced with a ton of medical bills and now moving expenses. We asked the school to give us a break, especially because my daughter wouldn't even be attending the last couple of months. They said absolutely NOT, and if we didn't pay they would take us to court and we would be responsible for ALL legal fees. These people are not concerned about any child just the bottom line. I would avoid this school at all costs, unless you want to raise a heartless child.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers don't slow the lessons down to the slowest learners. They put the kids into groups to do problem solving.

Amount of homework: Agree

Great content and unique teaching methods. The visual models are the best I have seen.

This is the only school in the area with this curriculum and the teachers trained to apply it. Wonderful location/building and the staff is fantastic. I would recommend this to any parent. TM

Ever since I left Soaring Wings I was never able to find another Montessori school that could even compare. (And I have visited Montessori schools literally all over the world). Looking back I now know how fortunate I was not only for the amazingly rich environment stocked with appropriate materials for all ages, but also the support from a well educated compassionate staff.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 15, 2015

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There hands are tied. Some of them are really fabulous people, but too much is expected of them. They have plumbing problems and the teachers are expected to snake out the toilets. I wish I was joking.

Amount of homework: Disagree

If you ever plan to transition your child to traditional schooling, you'll find that there is zero effort at this school to that end.

Last modified Soaring Wings International Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6