Salt Lake City, UT
Before care: Yes

Posted August 19, 2013
My oldest child went to Hillside Middle School and my second child went to Clayton Middle School. Although much of their experiences were dependent upon their individual personalities, I decided to choose Clayton again for my third child because the overall (parent and student) experience with Clayton was better.

Clayton Middle School 1

Posted November 15, 2010
The only positive comment that I can honestly express is that this school was completely rebuilt. I had high hopes and expectations for my child regarding Clayton. I had done my research and saw that the school had great test scores and stats compared to the other Middle School in the Salt Lake/Sugarhouse vicinity. We moved from South Jordan and prior to that we "transplanted" from the East Coast. The front office administration are extremely rude and are have as much as "school" spirit and respect to only until their pension kicks in. I should have realized that this was a "red flag" and should have realized that this is the reflection not only of the front office staff, but unfortunately most of the teachers there. Of all the staff I can only count 2-3 administrators who have been helpful and are not rude. My daughter has gone from being a Honor Student, full of life and spunk to a now clinically depressed kid who feels like she is constantly walking on "egg shells" when she tried to reach out to her teachers.

Clayton Middle School 5

Posted July 04, 2010
My child attended Clayton Middle School for her 7th grade year and I was amazed at how wonderful the teachers, Administration, activities and clubs were!!!! The teachers were great at helping her stay on track with her goals, very personally involved with the ups and downs of being a pre-teen, and the the administration was great at encouraging all of the students with participating in their classes AND activities. I cannot say enough about the annual school play!!!! 2009 was Peter Pan and 2010 was The Wizard of Oz. They had over 200 kids participating and so many parents volunteering, it was amazing!!! It was sincerely the BEST experience my child has had in any school!! I encourage your child to get involved, especially in the play! If you are thinking about sending your child to this school, I fully encourage Clayton to be at the TOP of your list!!

Posted May 29, 2010
I just read the reviews about Clayton Middle School. I must agree with most of the reviews. Clayton HAS been an awesome school for my children. There are many wonderful programs offered. I must disagree with the negative comment about the health program. All of my childeren have had an excellent health experience ans still talk about the many things that they have learned. All in all, we have loved the education received at Clayton.

Clayton Middle School 5

Posted January 11, 2007

Posted August 03, 2004

Posted April 20, 2004
This is the best middle school in the SL School District! Core subjects are strong! My child was well prepared for High School! The best thing about Clayton is it's music department and the PTA sponsored play each year! This parent produced and directed event is outstanding...better than most High School productions!

Clayton Middle School
1470 South 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT  84108
Last modified Clayton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clayton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top