Coral Cliffs School

Public | K-5 | 658 students

Posted March 10, 2009

My child has attended for two years. My main concern is that the school does not seem to want to be bothered by minor discipline or conflict resolution. I have been threatened of suspension because my child was talking during class (three warnings in 30 days). While I realize my child should follow the rules, seriously suspension for small talk?? The school has called repeatedly asking what should they do and even calling to tell me your child wants to come home . I would think they should be equipped to handle and diffuse the situation, possibly redirect the child s attention positively. Seems it s just easier to call the parent for advice. Perhaps offing a more challenging curriculum to students that require it, rather than just placing to many students into the mold of a predetermined curriculum.

Posted August 24, 2007

My child is attending his third year at this school. He is my first child to attend school, so I didn't know what to expect. I have loved everything about this school. The new principal is caring. The extra activities are awesome. The office staff is the best. The teachers have surpassed my exceptions. My child loves going to school. Also, as a business owner I donated prizes for a school event. Before, I got home from helping I had a message from the principal thanking me. She went the extra mile.

Posted September 23, 2006

I'm a local custom home builder who has two daughters attending this school. My several experiences at school events have been very positive. My spouse is serving on the PTA as together with another neighborhood mom. Four moms in our neighborhood share responsibility for carting the kids to school. The people (school staff and other parents) are all friendly and helpful. This is a Great place to raise children. Parent and Resident - St. George, UT.

Posted June 26, 2005

I have two children in school and one entering next year. The third grade teacher that my son had was one of the best teachers that we have had. She is very structured in all that she does and expects the children to do their best. The little extras like Knights of the math table, and poetry program were outstanding and my child was eager to learn. The coyote crooners choir was an awsome experience for my child, A big nod of approval for the choir and both of the leaders. I am glad to have my kids in this school.

Posted March 10, 2005

I have been impressed by my child's teacher. I knows she really cares about her students and loves teaching. I have only met with the prinicpal one time, she was friendly but didn't solve my problem. My only compliant would be the lack of supervision before school, at recess and other non-academic times(this does not reflect on the teacher more on the aides). I also have not been impressed with the busing but that has nothing to do with the school, it is a district issue and could happen at any school. Overall I am happy with my child's teacher and education at Coral Cliffs.

Posted February 16, 2005

I find coral cliffs to be one of the best elemetary schools in the district. It is well run by a capable administrative staff and has some of the most caring teachers in the district. Furthermore parent involvement is extremely high leading to a positive and community minded environment. All these factors have led to increased test scores and high morale. Whether judging the school on subjective or objective criteria, Coral Cliffs turns out to be one of - if not the - best elemetaries in the district.

Posted February 14, 2005

I have found the teachers, staff and principal at Coral Cliffs to be extraordinary. I believe the negative comments posted on this site were isolated incidents and possibly posted by the same person. I find it hard to believe that anyone with a genuine concern was dismissed by either the teachers or staff. I have found the principal to be a kind and compassionate individual whose main concern is the welfare of our children.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted February 11, 2005

The atmosphere at Coral Cliffs is like none other that I have seen. I have had children in lots of schools and the care, discipline and teacher quality is phenomenal. The principal is very caring and is concerned about parents and working with the child and parent and teacher. The assemblies have been amazing and they have the best choir in the district. I would rate them A+

Posted October 18, 2004

First I have to say I like my child's teacher very much. The school is a nice new facility. The principal was plain rude to me when I had concerns. the support staff (not the teacher) pushes blame on each other. The busing is plain horrible. I worry about my child's safety. There are older bullies that dont get discplined. I dont recommend this school.

Posted October 18, 2004

I am very dissatisfied with this school. the teacher is good but that is about all I can say positive. The prinicipal was rude from day one. The busing is horrible. The supervision is very low. My child is not challenged just bored. We are selling our home to move to Bloomington elementary. Sad it come to moving but Coral Cliffs isnt going to change.

Posted October 7, 2004

I am a student intern from a near by high school. I observe the kids and teachers interactions together almost daily, and every time I go to the school, I get filled with a generally peaceful feeling. The teachers are always chipper and trying to be bright. Students respond very well to the love their teachers show. Even at the end of the day when teachers are shuffling kids on to the buses, there is an entire feeling of general care and joy in both teachers and students. All classrooms are equally decorated and fitted perfectly to specific class needs. The halls are always clean and bright. Generally, it is a great place!

Posted September 11, 2004

Principal and teacher are completely insensitive to the needs of student.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2010.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2010.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Utah used the Utah Criterion-Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 2 through 11 in Language Arts, in grades 2 through 8 in Math, in grades 4 through 8 in Science and upon completion of certain courses in grades 8 through 11. The CRT is a standards-based testing program, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Utah. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 78% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2013.

103 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Language Arts

The state average for Language Arts was 80% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 84%N/A48%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2040 West 2000 North