Bad
Good

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter has been there since first grade and will be a fourth grader next year. It is an excellent school. The teachers that she has had are amazing, pricipal always makes time to talk if needed. The couple things that I have issues with is the lack of communication. There have been situations that I don't hear about till days later when my daughte has brough them up. They have gotten better at this but still needs some work. There are tons of family activities. My daughter has learned so much and has had straight A's for three quaters now. Truly an exceptional school which is why although we have moved out of the boundries I continue to drive her there.

John C Fremont School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
My daughter took kindergarten at the University of Utah and missed the cut-off date for kindergarten at John C Fremont. They wouldn't let her test into 1st grade even though she had already taken kindergarten. The main office lady is not very nice and is very rude. My daughter wanted to eat lunch at the school and they wouldn't even let her do that... Not a very nice front office lady if you ask me. The principle doesn't seem to know what he is doing either. It's sad because my daughter is a good kid and it seems like she is treated like she is a "low-income" child...and she isn't.

John C Fremont School 4

Posted February 23, 2007
I have lived in this area for 37 years and sent all 6 of my children to Fremont. There has always been good teachers there for my children. I'm sure things have changed some with the growth of this neighborhood, but I have not heard of very many complaints from my neighbors. They also have good PTA and family involvement.

John C Fremont School 4

Posted May 05, 2006
I have 2 children in Fremont and have had a pretty good experiance. However the class sizes are big. My childen have never been enrolled in a class with less then 29 students and there was only 29 for a very short time. The class sizes are usually more then 30. Which has taken a toll on my 4th grader.

Posted May 25, 2005
I feel the best way to rank a school is looking at your child's smile and being able to establish a relation between his social development (how he gets along with teacher, classmates and at home) and his academic development (grade performance, intellectual growth, etc.) Fremont has been so wonderful for our child to the point that we have preferred to stay in the North Taylorsville neighborhood until he finishes elementary school before relocating to Draper where we were about buy a home. We will not risk Stefano's wonderful progress moving him to another school. The Ruiz Family

Posted November 08, 2004
I have a daughter in her second year at Fremont Elem. and I have to say, it is a wonderful school with loving teachers and staff. The parents are very involved in their children's education, and the administration does all it can to make school fun for its students. This neighborhood that goes to Fremont is great, too. Everyone is so friendly, and the neighbors watch out for each other.

John C Fremont School
4249 South 1425 West, Taylorsville, UT  84123
Last modified John C Fremont School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John C Fremont School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top