Washington, UT

Posted September 22, 2014
I love the energy at this school. All the teachers and staff are committed to make the school wonderful, and it is! I love the activities that are during school and outside of class time. We moved outside of the boundaries and chose to continue to attend Riverside. We love it.

Posted September 22, 2014
Great school. Amazing principal, teachers, and staff. 5 star school for sure! I couldn't be more impressed with how things are handled. Even in delicate issues, the privacy, care, and comfort you receive is impeccable. Thank you for being the school you are!

Posted September 22, 2014
Riverside is a great school! I have not met any teachers or staff there that are not excellent and committed to the students. Mr. Staheli, the principal, is always looking for ways to make the school better. He loves being there and it shows in his constant enthusiasm. Most of the parents I talk to are very happy to have their kids here.

Posted September 22, 2014
Riverside is incredible. I have known Principal Burke Staheli many years and was taught by home myself. He gives this school and the students all he's got. He goes the extra mile to bring the school up to a whole new level. In his short time at Riverside the school has truly done some remarkable things. Car washes, many hugely sussessful food-drives, even scholarship programs for former students. Implementing The Leader In Me Program was something I was a huge advocate for!! I am so glad it is here. My 2nd grader has came home and worked harder after school than I ever saw her do in 1st grade. She no longer needs a reading Tudor and has seriously taken to the life skills she is learning to seamlessly fuse into her everyday life. She is SO concerned with her peers and making everyone feel great and never left out. She wants to make a win-win situation out of everything! Haha. I can't wait to see what the future hold for Riverside Elementary. Such an incredible talented bunch of professionals and teachers who I have no doubt, adore my children. The teachers we have had this far have put forth great efforts my ensure my children are learning and exceeding their own personal goals.

Posted September 22, 2014
Riverside Elementary has been an amazing school to my family. When kids were in potential danger and had to go into lock down, my children were well taken care of and communication came from both the individual teachers and also the office. They have also found many great grants to support the education of my children and to provide awesome programs to encourage my children's growth. My boy struggled with reading in first grade and the school got him extra assistance to catch him up with the rest of the class. This year 2014 already, all of my children have been encouraged to "put first things first". This has been extremely helpful as I have been trying to teach them this at home. I am so grateful for Riverside Elementary school and all the great staff that support the education and development of my children. I know they are in excellent hands.

Posted September 22, 2014
The leadership at Riverside is simply amazing. It is working proof that greatness can come from the top down-the principal is the best around. My children have attended 4 other elementary schools both in St. George and other cities (including two charter schools) and I have NEVER had a principal and staff this committed to the kids. My student is in an advanced magnet class at Riverside and doesn't even live in the school boundaries, but he feels included in every way-by students, staff and teachers alike. There is a real sense of community at Riverside. There is also accountability and a push for academic greatness. My student has made progress here that could not have been made elsewhere due to the programs they have voluntarily implemented throughout the school. These programs include things such as the advanced classrooms, reading your way to college, Leader in Me, and more These programs take hours of extra work from teachers and staff, but they are what set this school apart in terms of true student achievement. I would recommend Riverside to anyone, without reservations!

Posted March 26, 2014
I have loved riverside! My son is a type 1 diabetic and this school has been so great in his care and education. He is in 5th grade and I am sad he has to go somewhere else next year. Mr. Staheli has been an absolutely amazing principle that works really hard for the school, if I have ever had an issue he has done what it take to get everyone on top of it immediately. We will miss it! Go redhawks!

Posted February 04, 2014
Riverside Elementary is a wonderful school. I would not send my children anywhere else. The change in principal has been amazing. Riverside is full of teachers & staff that place students first. Teacher are excited about teaching. Staff takes the time to learn students' names. The school has placed academics as a high priority. Riverside is always looking for ways to help those that are behind, while making sure that the high ability students are being challenged. There are opportunities for students to expand their interests through choir, plays, science fair, storytelling, community service, & the list goes on & on. My children have loved being at this school & look forward to going. I enjoy coming & being involved in their classrooms, help with activities & service projects, sitting on Community Council, & cheering on my children as they participate in the different endless opportunities that there is at Riverside. It is an all around amazing school. There is an energy & excitement within Riverside for students to not only come to learn but to succeed. This feeling comes from the caring, knowledge, and dedication of the principal, teachers, and staff members.

Posted December 12, 2013
I want to address a previous comment regarding the principal. The current principal is male, so I think there was a recent change and judging by the previous comment, it was for the better. My kids have attended 7 elementary schools throughout the country, and Riverside has offered the best experience by far. Our principal works hard to build a community within the school and to build up the community around the school. The teachers and staff are friendly and seem happy and involved, they have even been known to go outside and play with their students during recess and lunch. There are a variety of programs available including choir, student council, a running club, and probably more that I don't even know about. We love Riverside Elementary.

Riverside School 2

Posted January 05, 2012
Although there are a few great teachers, my overall experience has been quite negative. The worst thing about this school is the principal. She is a bully and because of her many of the good teachers have quit. She threatens parents and students. Bullying at this school from what I've heard is worse than the surrounding elementary schools. My 3rd grader was held down by other 3rd graders and punched in the face and stomach. If you go an complain about the bullying nothing is done about the bullies! They just send the child that was hurt to go see a counselor...which by the way is useless. Three counselors were fired last year! Unfortunately there is no accurate record of seeing how many parents are pulling their kids out because a massive development went in recently and because of this the numbers of the school stayed the same. If your child is advanced I would suggest looking at George Washington Academy. If not even Horizon and Little Valley are better than Riverside.

Riverside School
2500 South Harvest Ln, Washington, UT  84780
Last modified Riverside School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top