West Jordan, UT

Posted August 07, 2013
My son was 13 when we finally found the right help. We had tried working with the school. They were cooperative but didn't really help. They thanked us when we put him on meds because it helped him behave somewhat better for awhile. We tried counseling and doctors. But things we just not getting better over the long run. A dear friend and neighbor told me about West Ridge and it felt right from the first. It was a week before he turned 13 and hard to place him right before his birthday. It was very hard for me as his mom to admit that I couldn't help him. But I couldn't. I had tried everything I could think of to help. Now WRA was the help that my family needed. His teachers had always said that he wouldn't graduate from High School. But with WRA's help HE DID. He gained through the loving therapist the skills to cope with his life and so did we. I believe they really cared and that with love he was able to open up and let go of some of his hurdles. He filled his emotional toolbox so to speak. He is now an adult on his own and we have a good relationship. He not only learned a lot but so did his dad and I. They helped us our family get thru a lot. Thank you WRA!

Posted August 07, 2013
My daughter was 17 yrs old at the time we placed her at West Ridge Academy. We had tried counseling for years, and even moved hoping that she would have a new start at a new school. She was out of control, lieing, substance abuse, and no integrity. At West Ridge the structure, the counseling and most of all the caring staff brought about a change of heart for her. She learned skills to help her deal with her issues, we saw her gain back her self esteem as she started to make better choices. It's a wonderful place and I would highly recommend it. Our daughter is doing great now and we will be forever grateful to all the wonderful people there.

Posted August 05, 2013
If you are in need of a therapeutic boarding school or residential treatment facility give them a call. I know you will find them to be open and candid. Ask to tour and see for yourself, talk with current students. Making sure you have a good fit is critical and they will be helpful to that end. Good organization doing very difficult work.

Posted August 04, 2013
I like this school because they combine so many therapeutic things to have their students not feel like they are in an institution.

Posted July 30, 2013
This place is fantastic. I have had the opportunity to work with the staff for some time now. They are excellent people that are dedicated to helping the students. They don't have the easiest job in the world, but they treat everyone with kindness and respect.

Posted January 11, 2012
My niece attended this school 3 years ago. She was struggling, we were afraid for her and the staff at West Ridge Academy made all the difference in the world. They kept her safe, provided great counseling and got her caught up in school. They do a good job with very difficult circumstances.

West Ridge Academy 1

Posted August 23, 2011
Awful school Truly incredibly awful. Was a student there from 99-01. Truly horrific experience, and this experience is similar to other alumni who graduated as I did from the program.

Posted August 13, 2010
My daughter was one of the first classes of girls to be at West Ridge Academy and it was a great experience. She came out a woman. It was wonderful. She is now in college and on the right path.

Posted July 31, 2010
My son had issues with authority. He was getting into trouble at school and this caused him to get suspended a few times. We sent him to West Ridge Academy for a year and it made a big difference in his attitude and his grades.

West Ridge Academy 1