Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

My son was involved in a few incidents. He was both the bully and the bullied. I am more upset at the way they handled the incident where he bullied another child. As a parent I should have been told right away and involved in the discipline process. I didn't find out until a note came home a few days later. My son should have been held more accountable for his actions and so should the other students.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Even though they had received all of the documentation requiring them to put my son on a 504, they failed to implement it for 4 months. I am still continually fighting to get his educational needs taken care of. They consider him to be fine because he's on grade level but he is doing worse than ever before, so there's obviously a problem with their system.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school has a huge discipline problem with its students. I think their approach is to be reactive with discipline but not proactive to encourage good behavior. The parents are also rude, which trickles down to the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I think most teachers at this school do their best but they do not have the support to get the kids to succeed. They are too focused on maintaining a learning environment rather than giving students a chance to grow academically.

My son was forced to go out to recess even though he had a note to stay in because of an injury. He was also forced to go out to recess even though he had left his jacket at home....it was january. The faculty, teachers, office staff AND the principal do not take responsibility for anything. There is no way in hell my children will be going to this school ever again.

my daughter is a 4th grader now, and she loves this school she said everybody is really nice, and the teachers are always helpful :)

Valley Crest is a wonderful school! I have always been impressed by all the teachers and the staff at the school. The principal is amazing, and she runs the school with a love for all the students whom attend. The school is diverse and has a Spanish Duel immersion program too! I would recommend Valley Crest to any parent looking for a great school in West Valley City.

I am a parent of 3 Valley Crest Students. We love Valley Crest. We have wonderful teachers and an excellent principal who values her work and absolutely adores our children. We are an ethnically diverse school, which is one of my favorite things. It allows my children to make friends of other languages, cultures, and walks of life. My children are advanced and their teachers have always worked to make sure they are challenged. There is a lot of focus on community and positive reinforcement for good behavior.

We love Valley Crest. My children have attended many elementary schools and this one is amazing. I love the teachers, the principal, the secretary, and all the staff The principal and teachers have always taken the time to address any questions that I might have. I have never felt that my opinion did not matter. Everyone is positive and I know they want my children to have the best education possible. Not only do I love Valley Crest, but my children do as well. I feel this is a very important factor in an excellent school. My children had an opportunity to attend another school. They begged me to keep them at Valley Crest Elementary even though their friends were attending a new school. It is so nice to belong to such a great school where my children have, and will continue to succeed.

Last modified Valley Crest School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.