Barre City Elementary/Middle School 4

Posted January 12, 2014
My kids love this school. We have moved here from SC 2 years ago and school there was not bab either. Difference we see: BCEM have only 10-11 students per teacher ( 20-22 in SC) . My kids grades slowly but shurly went up and stay on A and B+ levels. Teachers actually work with kids in the class and make kids to learn. We would love to have BCEM to conduct more field trips though. 2

Barre City Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted October 17, 2013
I have been struggling with BCEMS over what is best for my child. We have planned an EST meeting in which they have discouraged me attending with a family therapist of my choice in order to help my son. I am not pleased with this at all. I like Mr. Taffel and hope that we can all come to terms with the fact that I insist on being fully involved in my sons school life in order to help him succeed socially, academically, and behaviorally. I feel that in order to help him, everyone needs to be on the same page.

Barre City Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted April 28, 2010
I have a 1st grader and 3rd grader at BCEMS. Our experience with the principal, teachers and staff has been an extremely positive one. The one thing that keep me in Barre City is for my children to be able to continue to attend BCEMS. Their teachers have been nothing short of amazing. The principal is dedicated to the children and staff.

Posted October 14, 2009
I love this school and my kids enjoy going to school every mornin

Barre City Elementary/Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
My grandson wrote to me that his new school has a great library and he's learning to read and do math pretty fast. In a community with more kids on free lunch than any other school in Vermont, this school has dedicated teachers and staff who make the most of their time with the kids.

Posted June 09, 2009

Posted September 22, 2008

Barre City Elementary/Middle School 1

Posted January 30, 2008

Barre City Elementary/Middle School 3

Posted April 25, 2007

Barre City Elementary/Middle School 3

Posted April 11, 2007
I have 4 children who attend this school from the 1st-6th grades. I m disappointed w/the way the school s staff communicates w/me regarding my children, their performance and needs. I have found that the majority don't concern themselves w/making the educational atmosphere suitable for all children. Additionally, I have a child w/ special needs, on an IEP for dyslexia. It has been a struggle for several years for my children to get the education they need and deserve at this school. However, the school does offer a decent breakfast and lunch program, outdoor play areas are well organized, the nursing staff is phenomenal, and the protocol for safety is superior. I also think the principal and many of the teachers are excellent; willing to go above the call of duty. Unfortunately, they don't offset the staffing that doesn t show they care.

Barre City Elementary/Middle School
50 Parkside Terrace, Barre, VT  05641
Last modified Barre City Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barre City Elementary/Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top