Posted January 28, 2013
I'm in middle school at red cedar the parent who gave a bad revue obviously knows nothing about red cedar we have lots of home work 2 hours per night I have attended other schools but red cedar is by far the best we learn so mutch and jaque bill and bredon are so great

Posted October 15, 2009
My child has done a complete and positive turn-around since he began attending Red Cedar several years ago. He is a 'hands-on' student. The educators at Red Cedar work with the students to create projects that integrate academic work with a hands-on, creative piece. For instance, last year they studied ratio/pproportion. They designed a project on graph paper using the math, calculated supplies and materials, then built what they designed as a scale model of an actual structure. Students built everything from bridges to barns. The teachers are caring, well-rounded, educated and create great rapport with the students. I love that they know my child so well, and care deeply about his well- being. They also have a deep culture of respect at the school. It seems to me that Red Cedar accomplishes what other schools strive for, but don't quite do.

Posted May 26, 2008

Posted January 30, 2008
My kids love school! Though my girls are very different from each other in terms of how they learn, they are each being met where they are, and their love of learning is being kept alive by teachers who really care. The age mixing provides a rich learning & social environment and a caring community.

The Red Cedar School 2

Posted July 03, 2007
Positive points- nice teachers, student involvement (diminishing), fun place, small class size. Neutral points- little homework, nice facility (converted house) and setting. Negative points- eduction geared toward Humanities/Arts, students are grouped by age and level (Middle School, High School, etc.) not by grade, poor guidance counseling, no driver's ed, no science lab to speak of, overall a poor value in my mind. When asked we tell people it as a 'hippie private school'. Public schools are better equipped overall.

The Red Cedar School