Burlington, VT
Before care: Yes

Posted April 07, 2014
Really? For the parent who commented on the principal's not enforcing parking rules? I too have had over 10 years association with MCS as a parent, and frankly my concerns run more to focusing on the quality of the teaching and the educational experience. I agree with the reviewer below who tips his hat to the current principal for refreshing the teaching staff and boosting greatly the educational level of this (now) fabulous school. Park where you want, I will take the refurbished strength in the middle school teaching staff any day. Our family couldn't be happier with our experience at MCS for the last 4 years.

Posted April 06, 2014
I have had two kids at MCS, a combined 15 years. The school floundered badly in the years approximately 2007-2010 until a new professional principal was brought in. Previous to his enstatement we had withdrawn our kids and enrolled them at a nearby competing catholic school. We decided to give the new principal, Paul Jette, one year to see if he could make significant strides in improving the quality of the middle school teaching staff, the educational discipline of the staff, and the core quality of the educational experience. We are so glad we stayed. The new principal improved discipline, removed teachers that had been at the school for decades but were poor teachers, and turned the atmosphere and enrollment around. In 2010 the school had lost almost 1/3rd of its enrollment in ONE year. Since the new principal we have regained enrollment and more importantly--we have a middle school faculty of great teachers who love teaching and love kids that cannot be matched anywhere in the area. I recommend this school unreservedly and couldn't be happier now with my kids' education. Bravo to the new administration, they have performed a monumental feat in turning the school around!

Mater Christi School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
Nepotism is a problem at this school. When the principal is related to a teacher that has kept her job despite numerous complaints over the years, this is definitely not a school that puts students first. Elitism is also a problem...take a look at all the parking violations in the mornings. A lot of parents think the rules don't apply to them and the principal doesn't enforce the rules for fear of losing more tuition payments.

Posted March 04, 2014
Mater Christi is a great child centered school! The principal and middle school teachers put the students' interest first. When a school is non-profit raising money will always be a necessity especially at a Christian school. Perhaps we should, before posting, remember that this is a Christian School, a Mery School...

Mater Christi School 2

Posted January 03, 2014
This school is overrated. Current management run the school focusing more in making money for the organization that education to the children.

Posted November 10, 2013
My daughter is excited to go in the morning and happy to tell us about her day at the end. Her caring teacher knows just where to set the bar to challenge her without overwhelming her. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted November 01, 2013
I simply cannot say how lucky we are to have found this school, not only for our son but for our family. It is so much more than just a school but a holistic community network of amazing parents, children and staff. This is our second year at MCS and absolutely cannot be more happy with the quality of the academics and the amazing people from the PTO to the Admin. We have met the most incredible and supportive people here and they are now part of our family as we as parents go through this journey of parenting. We also love all of the Afterschool Enrichment Programs offered too like yoga, art classes, martial arts, piano and cooking classes. The school is very much involved in supporting the greater community with clothing and food drives and supporting local non-profits. For our family, this school is a perfect match as we rely and depend on each other to support and raise each others kiddos. It takes a village and this one is a tremendous one!

Posted October 19, 2013
I love this school. There are small class sizes. There is a good deal of academic rigor. It is a caring school and the teachers and other adults at the school are attentive and kind with the kids but also expect them to behave and contribute. We switched from one of the "great" (not our experience) public schools in the area. The kids are so much better behaved here, it is rubbing of on our kids. My kids are happier, calmer and getting a better education. I give Mater Christi my highest recommendation - it is absolutely worth every penny in my opinion!

Posted October 14, 2013
Mater Christi has been wonderful for my girls. They were at a smaller private school, but we felt they needed larger peer groups and the advantages of a larger school. We also wanted daily Christian education. MCS is small enough to provide personalized attention and give a real sense of family, but large enough to offer a broad set of opportunities in sports, music, science, and drama to name just a few. Most of our experience is with the middle school (grades 5 - 8). The faculty is great at connecting with the students. The separate literature and writing classes provide a solid foundation for critical reading and thoughtful expression. The social studies and science teachers have kept my older daughter interested and engaged. We're also very pleased that a goal of the math program is to complete 9th grade algebra by the end of the 8th grade. Finally, I cannot say enough about the music program. My girls have absolutely flourished in it. There are three levels of orchestra as well as jazz bands, rock bands, and a drum line. The director even pulls together a marching band for the annual Burlington Kid's Day parade. It's so much fun!

Posted July 26, 2013
I am so grateful to Mater Christi School for all aspects of my children's education. The classrooms are run based on an agreement of mutual respect. The teachers respect the children and their individuality, and the students respect the teachers. This creates an environment perfectly suited for learning. I feel that the teachers and staff really care about my children - this is apparent by the fact that just about everyone, whether they teach my child or not, knows most every child by name. The teachers are energetic and enthusiastic and care about my children's success and well-being. I also really like the parent community. The parents are engaged, involved and invested the school s success.

Mater Christi School