Posted July 15, 2013
My daughter went to kindergarten here and by October she was reading. Her interest in science and the natural world was encouraged. Her math skills improved dramatically. The children were brought to a local gym once a week for gymnastics, which was supplemental to the daily doses of outdoor play (rain, snow, or shine (on truly foul days they played inside)). The children learned oratory as well as recorder, both of which were performed in front of assembled families twice a year. The children were taught to knit during quiet times. I was put off by the insistence that my daughter not wear dresses, skirts, or skorts. The dresses were removed from the dress-up box as well, because only the girls were wearing them. When I asked if my daughter could wear her leotard to gymnastics, I was asked that she wear something more gender-neutral. While I can see where the teacher was coming from, it seemed to stifle my daughter's personality. She still wears dresses every chance she gets. On the whole, I can't recommend this school more highly. The education my daughter received was exceptional. We moved to a town with a 9 rating and they did a stellar job, but you can't beat a 6:1 ratio.

Posted December 15, 2008
My son enrolled in The Sugarwood School in Sep. of 2008. It is not yet Christmas and he can read many words and childrens books. He does full pages of addition problems each day. He has performed music and oratory in front of an audience successfully and gained six very meaningful relationships with his fellow students and teacher. This great school comes with my highest recomendation, and I am a science Teacher myself!

Sugarwood School 0

Posted October 19, 2008
This school is the best! Reading techniques have amazing results! Our child has never been happier

Posted October 14, 2008