Bad
Good

Our family moved to this area because of the high rating of the schools here. If i could do it all over again I would choose very differently. I'm going to assume that the rating is based off testing scores. If that's the case yes, this school is perfect for making little test takers. Outside of that this school has little to offer. I won't go into the staff, they are by and large truly wonderful. I would never fault the school staff for not taking a real interest in the children; I truly believe they do care. So now on to the not so great stuff. Loudoun County is THE richest county in the country, yet there is no widespread offering of full day kindergarten. As of the 16' - '17SY Pinebrook offered 15 spots as part of a lottery for two full day classrooms. Ask a kindergarten teacher what they must cram into 3 hours and you will quickly realize that while half day programs might be common, it is not in the best interests of the children in regards to what they must know entering first grade. Outside of kindergarten there is limited free time for the children. 20 minutes for recess, then right back into the classrooms. What do the children get for sacrificing VERY important free/rest time? CRIPPLING amounts of homework. My 4th grader's teacher advised they should be spending 45-60 minutes per day on homework. Note that there exists no research that says ANY homework at that age is beneficial. Class sizes here are WAY too big; 20-25 students. Pinebook teaches to the SOLs. How is that bad? Well take my 4th grader's curriculum. I was advised by my child's teacher that the class will be highly focused on Virginia Studies, and that science is only focused on in 5th grade because that is when the SOLs test on science. So instead of learning about the world around them, children are relegated to exercises in memorization about a topic that truly is irrelevant in adulthood unless if they were to perhaps find work dealing with Virginia Studies. There are no real music or arts programs. No band, no orchestra. Want your child to have a well rounded education? Look elsewhere. Extracurriculars? Those are dismal offerings (friendship bracelet making... really?) and be prepared to pay for them (about $70 per student per activity). Before you consider this school be sure to not make the mistake I did and not question more than ratings based off test scores.

We are now in our 3rd year of being a Pinebrook family and each year gets better. Each teacher (Clark/Lieberman, Shelton & now Roth) has been better then the next and the overall experience has been great. The communication not only from the school but individual teachers has exceptional. Parent involvement is welcomed and appreciated. Every time I'm there regardless of the time of day I always see the Administrative folks walking the halls, checking on kids & classes and being an obvious presence. I couldn't be more happy with not only my children's experiences so far but mine as a parent.

Great school ! Good teachers and a great program for children. My daughter finishes first grade this year and I have seen a marked improvement in her since we moved to this area from the Fairfax county.

It appears that it has been awhile since someone wrote about Pinebrook. Let me tell you that it's no different how I feel about the school than any of the other parents that have written below. Great staff, great lessons taught, and not to mention my favorite...ID check when entering school :-)

Mrs. Haddock and Mr. Lyons are the best part of Pinebrook. Our son has been there 3 years and each teacher was great.

The best part of Pinebrook is Mrs. Haddock, the principal. She is dedicated to the academic success of each child. She helped is personally to deal with a difficult teacher and my child is excelling and happy. I have a third grader and a kindergartner and have complete confidence in the excellent education they are receiving. I would have given 5 stars but agree with another parent below that more attention should be given to correcting or removing abusive teachers.

We have two children that attend this school. One has special needs. This school is absolutely amazing. Both of my children have learned so much in the two years they have been going there. By far this is the best school my kids have been to. If you are looking for a great school this is it.

excellent school good teacher .My kid cry if gets holiday she like school...Less Homework little concern thats it..but still like it as they are doing at school lot of work/

I disagree with the high rating. The material is outstanding, but the abusive teachers need to be weeded out.

Pinebrook Elementary is by far the #1 elementary school in Loudoun County, VA, if not Virginia. My two children are now in 4th and 2nd grade and are doing excellent in school. There is a great sense of school spirit, great teachers who go above and beyond what is required, and a phenomenal leadership of the principal, vice principal and office staff. Could not ask for a better place to have my kids learn.

Last modified Pinebrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.