PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The small class sizes allow the teachers to develop strengths and teach each student in a way that suites their ability and personality best.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The small class sizes and one on one interaction between the teacher and each student fosters inclusiveness.

My daughter has been at Browne for 4 years, she loves it! We are pleasantly surprised by the community and the education she is receiving. I almost feel like Browne is a hidden gem in the DC area. We looked at several schools and have not been convinced that the high ratings and reviews that some of the more popular schools receive would be worth the switch. if your looking for a down to earth place that will provide your child with a great education I suggest you give Browne a look. This is not another snooty school where one upmanship is the norm.

My daughter is starting her second year at Browne. She loves coming to school and was so excited to start the new school year today! The environment is nurturing and the teachers truly love what they do. The community is close knit and very down to earth. Coming from a daycare environment where I rarely got to know other parents, I'm thankful that the many school functions allow parent interaction. Teachers and administrators have responded to my questions and concerns quickly and appropriately. As with anything, you need to visit to make sure it's a good fit for your family. We're glad we found Browne and can't wait for our youngest to attend!

My 2 children have been at Browne Academy for many years. There truly has never been a time when they were not happy. They have been given a stellar education supported by wonderful teachers and administrators. During these years, they have become confident and well rounded children, who are ready for what comes next!

Our daughter is entering her 10th year at Browne having started in the early preschool level. Browne has fostered her growth not only academically, athletically and artistically, but in character as well. The partnership towards excellence that exists between parents, students and Browne staff develops critical thinking skills, but also a love for athletics , the arts and foreign languages, as well as a firm knowledge of varied academic subjects. However, just as important is the diverse and community-minded environment. To sum it up, Browne has equipped our daughter to take on the world with confidence, skill sets and compassion. A parent could not ask for a greater foundation.

Last year, as we were considering kindergarten, we visited several schools, both public and independent. When my daughter exited her classroom visit at Browne Academy, she exclaimed, "This is where I want to go!" Her assessment was the same as ours: Browne Academy was the perfect fit for our family. Starting with Day 1 of kindergarten (a daunting time for little kids), she was excited to come to school every day. Her teachers were outstanding educators, as well as warm, lovely people. The Browne community as a whole (faculty, staff, families) is down-to-earth, engaged, supportive, and approachable. We could not ask for more from a school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Browne Academy are extraordinary - whether it is the ones that have been there forever or the new hires - they all go above and beyond.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes. In fact one of Browne Academy's four core values is character and they focus on cultivating integrity, moral responsibility, service, and citizenship in students.

I joined the Browne Academy team last year and there is an incredible sense of community. Being completely new to the area I felt like everyone (staff, teachers, and parents) reached out and made me feel at home whether it was an invitation to dinner or a recommendation for a dentist. I am always impressed with how teachers go the extra mile to support the school community. It just feels different compared to most places.

Last modified Browne Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8