Belle View Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2014
I love this school and my children have thrived in the environment! I cannot believe that GS has given BVES a rating of 4 out of 10. It is a wonderful school with wonderful families, teachers and staff.

Posted March 21, 2014
This is a full-service school. It has programs and teachers prepared to provide instruction in a variety of ways to a diverse student body. Inherent to this model is the idea of tolerance and acceptance of all different types of learners. All are welcome and all are respected. The parental involvement is stellar, creating what feels like a real community ( a village, if you will) of parents and teachers working together. It is a school of caring, involved people.

Posted March 20, 2014
Teachers are encouraging and friendly. This school doesn't pressure kids which is great, I think. The mood is encouraging and supportive.There is a garden for growing vegetables and an 'outdoor classroom' curriculum. My child is in SACC here and those teachers are great too.

Belle View Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2013
Some teachers are good but I have not been happy with how the Principal, his staff and some long tenured teachers or counselors handle discipline. I find their approach accusatory towards the parents, defensive when asked to provide information or evidence and plainly inadequately prepared to deal with the new generation of children who are highly active and eager to move around and about. I would like to point out also that there has been a significant increase in hispanic attendance this year at this school.

Posted April 01, 2013
Elementary schools are very much a human thing, the culture, values, and attention a school places in its students is a result of the principle setting the direction and engagement, the teachers, and the parents. Both my son's are pupil placed at Belle View because of the strength of their Autism Program. Having my children in other schools within Fairfax County I can say that one of the things that makes Belle View so wonderful is the atmosphere set by the Principal. He is engaged in the culture of the school, in the teachers, and with the PTA. He is always responsive to student and parent needs. From what I can tell he is also responsive to teachers' needs as much as resources allow him to be. The school culture focuses on respect through-out the entire spectrum and this is a huge benefit to those students in the Autism and Learning Disabled programs. Is it perfect; no. Have we had some problems; some. But the fact that we can work with teachers and principal to resolve them and everyone in engaged in the student's well being makes it a great school. It is the only school I've seen where parents, teachers, and principal really do all work together -- for the students!

Posted October 09, 2012
My daughter has been at Belle View for four years. She loves it, and every teacher she's had. Every year during orientation she insists on visiting each of her past teachers. I love the personal attention she gets at this school; the staff in the front office knows everyone, as it seems do the teachers. With a class size of 16 this year, I couldn't be happier. All across the country classrooms are overcrowded, but this year somehow we got lucky at Belle View. Her teacher this year is tremendous. She's smart, dedicated, firm and friendly. My daughter has never been happier at school and I couldn't be more thrilled. Plus, the arts and extracurricular activities that are available are wonderful, including sports programs, foreign language programs, Girls on the Run, orchestra, etc. It's a great place to send your child.

Posted January 15, 2011
Belle View is a happy place. When you think of the quintessential all-American grade school, this school comes as close as you can imagine. Like all schools, their hands in the classroom are largely tied to teaching towards the SOLs but there is a deep sense of caring for the students from the front office to the classroom and to all the parents and other volunteers who fill the gap and provide all sorts of "added" activities from field trips to sock hops, sports activities and art experiences. Children of all abilities are respected and the presence of the school within the school that assists childrens with more severe disabilities provides a learning environment for all the students that extends well beyond lessons learned in a book to ones that are learned in life.

Belle View Elementary School 1

Posted February 10, 2010

Posted October 24, 2009
I have two second graders and a third grader who attend Belle View and we love it. The teachers are fantastic, and all of my children have benefited. I have one child in the Special Education Autism-Only class and his teacher is one of the best Special Ed teachers I've ever seen. This school has a very positive enviroment for kids.

Posted June 15, 2009

Belle View Elementary School
6701 Fort Hunt Rd, Alexandria, VA  22307
Last modified Belle View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belle View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top