Alexandria, VA

Posted August 07, 2013
I graduated in 2012, and after 1 year of college I can confidently say that Edison prepared me well for college. Most teachers I encountered were excellent and engaging. The diverse student body makes the school lively and broad-minded. As a student facing depression, however, I did feel there was some severe lacking in my counselor, the school psychologist, and many of the teachers. But I must say, I look back on Edison with great fondness and it is very easy to get a good education there!

Posted June 20, 2013
Other than some communication issues with my son's counselor during his Sophomore year, we had a very good experience at this wonderfully diverse school. I never had a problem with the teachers and found most of them to be really responsive and invested in their students' well-being. The Theatre Department is fantastic thanks to the director and some very (mostly one) hard-working parents. My son has graduated with a sense of direction and confidence to tackle what comes next and I credit the school with much of that.

Edison High School 5

Posted December 19, 2012
Edison is a very nice and thoughtful school to go to. They have awesome lessons and really dig deep in their lessons .I never been to a school that thought that hard about what they think,say;do. Its always a pleasure to go to that school every day and teach my beloved kids!

Posted October 21, 2010
Edison High School is a fantastic IB school. The school is being renovated so there is a new look to Edison and what seens like an increase in pride. there are so many programs Edison offers after school and academic, things like the Writing Center where students can go to get help on things like there essays during lunch,and also Eagle Time were students can get help in classes they have trouble in,which is held on a certain day during the week which helps students who can't stay after school. There is so much Edison has to offer to its students and it shows with the schools progress. Go Eagles!!

Edison High School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
This school has a great International Bachelor's program to guide children straight into the Bachelor's program of their choice.

Posted February 16, 2010
Edison is a pretty good school. The student body and faculty are very diverse. My children are Class of 2007 and Class of 2012 -- we've been at Edison for awhile! The IB program is rigorous and students are encouraged to enroll in the IB courses they will be successful in even if they do not pursue the full IB diploma. There are plenty of activities and various sports teams. Students should easily find a positive peer group to fit in with. Mr Croghan rules! Go Eagles!!

Edison High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Edison High School offers the full International Baccalaurate program,which is the most advanced high school diploma in the US and is as well qualifying students to study in Europe.At Edison you will find a great variety of IB classes ,which allow students to be much better prepared for college or studies abroad.The IB teachers have to participate in a special training in order to qualify for the program:better teacher education equals better student success .At the student services you'll find exceptional counselors helping parents and students to understand and participate in the IB program. I am grateful for the support Edison has given to my children .I know they will be able to create their life just as they dreamed of.

Edison High School 2

Posted April 30, 2009

Edison High School 2

Posted August 31, 2007

Edison High School 5

Posted January 13, 2007
Edison provides strong academics and is a warm, welcoming community. My son is challenged yet well supported. He is thriving, and, bottom line, is happy. You have no idea how lucky you are to be at Edison.

Edison High School
5801 Franconia Rd, Alexandria, VA  22310
Last modified Edison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top