Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Great teachers who take the time with each child.

Amount of homework: Agree

They went to no homework this year. It should be an interesting experiment

The teachers are great as well as the administration. Id agree with the below poster about it being a bit cliquey but thats likely true at any school.

I love the teachers and staff. My kids are quite happy. Couldn't ask for a better place. PTA does a lot of great things. However, don't expect to get to help with PTA unless you are part of the "in crowd" (you can usually find them outside the school at pick up and drop off gossiping about those that aren't there). They happily took my dues. I've asked several times to help and have been told things like "we will let you know" but several events have come and gone and no chances to help. Maybe it's because I don't look like them? Not that big of a deal. I'll just bring my family and enjoy the events. Just felt I should give a little instead of constantly take.

The school is awesome. So helpful and supportive. I love how the parents are really involved and PTA does a great job. Teachers are great and you can see that they love their job.

We have been thrilled with this school for both of my children. My older son had an IEP and I was impressed with how organized and attentive the staff was (he no longer has an IEP currently). The schol has a small town school feel in a big metro area. The office staff is friendly as are the administration and teachers and school spirit abounds. I'm very pleased with the education my children are receiving.

Hayfield is a great school with wonderful teachers who cares and works hard to help your children, develop into great, productive and successful individuals in society.

I volunteer at this school and I find the school to be very exicited in it staff and also with the students. The school has many new on-line programs from IXL math, myown reading and also e-books. Great staff and great environment.

Don't be fooled by the score this school received. Yes, it looks great on paper, but that's about it. If you are concerned with your child getting a good education this is not the school for you. They are obsessed with testing; pre-tests, tests, standardized tests. I'm not sure when they actually teach, or how much time they actually devote to teaching versus preparing for the next test. They don't seem to want to help kids who have learning difficulties. Instead they just keep passing them along to the next grade. I'm sure there are some good teachers at this school. Unfortunately, out of the 4 teachers my kids have had only 1 was good. We've been in constant contact with the teachers and haven't gotten anywhere. Have even had meetings with the Assistant Principal, only to have it dumped back in our lap to deal with. But if your child fits nicely into the mold of the ideal public school student you'll be fine.

Last modified Hayfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.