PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

An outstanding school. The academics are top notch, but they also teach to different learning styles. There is a strong emphasis on inclusion and special needs children. The environment is warm and caring. The level of the curriculum is above that of most other schools, including advanced schools, but they work with all the children. The teachers are highly dedicated as well as the administration. It is a true parent /teacher/peer community.

Holy Spirit School has given our children a wonderful environment in which to grow both in their academic learning and spiritual development. The many dedicated teachers and staff create a caring, supportive and nurturing environment which creates a true school community. We feel blessed to have found this school.

I first came to Holy Spirit School as a first grader in 1977. My academic experiences here prepared me exceedingly well for high school & college. What I value most now though, is the fact that the environment at Holy Spirit enabled me to grow in my understanding of the Catholic faith and in my love for Christ. I developed lifelong friendships which are a blessing to me even now as we still share that bond of faith. I started sending my children to Holy Spirit in 2001 even though my backyard opens to a fine Fairfax County public elementary school. I want to give my children the greatest gift I can give them next to life itself; the gift of the Catholic faith and the perspective that they are part of a much larger Catholic family . Holy Spirit provides a unique environment in which the children can learn in a beautiful setting, thrive academically, and experience Christ abundantly as they observe the faith modeled for them each day. It gives me peace as a mother to know that they are spending their school days at Holy Spirit with teachers, administrators, and priests who commit themselves to the imitation of Christ and His way of love!

Holy Spirit School in Annandale, VA is an amazing school. Our 4 girls have gone or are currently enrolled there. They have all thrived in this environment - academically, spiritually and emotionally. Holy Spirit gave them the foundations that they have carried throughout all their endeavors. It is more than a school; it is a community. They have supported our family through some very tough times. They are part of our family. Truly an amazing environment.

We moved to the area because of the military and were thrilled to find Holy Spirit! Our son started here in the second grade, we retired, and he is now a sixth grader at Holy Spirit. The teachers in the elementary part of Holy Spirit were great -- generally long time employees and Moms with kids of their own who helped my son academically and behaviorally to grow up at the right pace. He is in Middle School now, and it is a hard transition and the teachers demand more, but we think he is learning discipline and accountability lessons now that will serve him well later. GREAT new principal!

Holy Spirit is a very special school. The environment is very nurturing and lovely, but at the same time the academies are rigorous and competitive. My daughter has thrived at Holy Spirit,. There is also no bullying there that I have been aware of. -- that was not the case at Waynewood Elementary.

This school has no experience or resources for special needs children. My daughter had a terrible experience here. Very disappointed.

My son has been attending Holy Spirit for two years and loves the school. Prior to placing him at Holy Spirit, we had considered some of the elite schools of DC area. After visiting Holy Spirit School and interwievs with the Staff, we realized that this school would provide great education and caring environment. We were right, this school is great and we feel that we have made the right choice.

Love this school! My daughter has been attending for 3 years and she and we both love the school. The administration is very caring, the teachers are amazing, caring, friendly and kids loved them. And the education is fantastic. Also for us it was very important that our daughter had a religious education. Overall I HIGHLY recommend this school ... the facilities, the staff, the education, the programs, the activities ... plus a well complete round eduction. The fact that is a Blue Ribbon school makes it more tougher but we don't mind since my daughter is getting a higher standard of education.

Great Catholic school. Our sons attended a good Fairfax County public elementary school until this year. We were worried about their transition but are glad we moved them to Holy Spirit. Very responsive administration. Children are not "coddled" from about grade 4 on up; they need to keep track of assignments and organize their own materials. Volunteer requirements for parents are rather heavy but there are many opportunities to meet obligation (or "pay out".) We're pleased with the solid Catholic education at Holy Spirit, and with the way students get along well socially.

Last modified Holy Spirit School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8