K-8 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 02, 2016
Oakwood is absolutely a life changing school for a child with dyslexia. The academic and emotional difference in my intellectually gifted child with a specific learning disability was profound within weeks of starting school. We feel so very fortunate to have found such an amazing school that fosters my childs self confidence, accelerates his strengths ( he is doing 3rd grade math in 2nd grade) and remediates his weaknesses. A mom told me when I interviewed that attending Oakwood was like sending your child to "Pleasantville". It is completely true. The children are taught compassion for each other and learning differences because everyone has a learning difference but they all have learning strengths as well. All the parents have been tortured in one way or another by the failures of the other school systems to either diagnose or help treat their child before finally reaching Oakwood. So we are all just blissful to be at Oakwood and watch our children be truely LOVED by their teaches, not reprimanded. Our kids are accelerated in learning not shoved to the back of the class. The student teacher ratio is amazing. My son learns all day long in every subject at his level reinforcing all the things that he is taught in each class. He could not be more happy at school while learning far more in a year than he did int he previous two years. I cannot thank the staff enough for the gift they give each of their students. Not to be dramatic, but it really is the gift of your students reaching their true amazing potential with a strong sense of self confidence and compassion for others.

Oakwood School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 25, 2015
My son spent 3 years in the public school system. His confidence and self esteem were completely taken away and that was with an IEP which got him services. He is Dsyexic and has learning disabilities. We are now into his first 2 weeks at Oakwood School and he is already becoming a different learner; more confident, engaged, and excited about his day. I can find no greater gift or value than one that gives my child an ability to see his full potential. He is an amazing young boy who can now reach his full potential...and he is starting to see it :) We are very blessed to have this school in our lives! Thank you Oakwood!

Posted September 25, 2015
We spent 3 years in the public school system and my son's self esteem and confidence was completely taken away and that was with an IEP. We are now at Oakwood School and after only 2 weeks I am seeing a different child in regards to his confidence and abilities. He is Dsylexic with learning disabilities but his potential can finally be fostered and his abilities fully attained. We are blessed....Thank you Oakwood!

Posted November 24, 2014
Oakwood is the place to be for children with learning and/or attention issues. Both our sons are now happy, thriving and achieving their full potential both academically and socially. The teachers and trained and equipped to help children with issues like dyslexia, executive functioning, ADHD, etc. Very small classes sizes, loving staff, highly professional teachers and administration. They also instill principles of leadership, responsibility and kindess.

Posted June 20, 2014
My son graduated last week after spending 3 years at Oakwood. He's on to high school next year. I hate to think about what my expectations were for his future when he started ... this positive experience has turned everything around for him and given him confidence as well as a good education. We're so grateful to the teachers and staff!

Posted October 29, 2013
Oakwood is a wonderful school for children with mild to moderate learning disabilities. The unbelievable talent of the teachers and administrators is second to none. Oakwood concentrates on not only providing the children with life time strategies to learn but to accept and embrace their differences which in turn bolsters their self confidence. The change in my children has been remarkable. I highly recommend this school to any parent struggling to find a place where their child may realize their limitless potential.

Posted October 27, 2013
We are extremely pleased with Oakwood School. The school has been a savior for our dyslexic daughter who was not getting her educational needs met in the public school system.

Posted October 26, 2013
Oakwood is my son's first school (other than preschool), and I am so thrilled because he now has only positive experiences with going to school. He absolutely loves it. And this is a child for whom school is not easy. The only part that he does not like, he tells me, is having to leave at the end of the day. As parents, we are also thrilled with the educational program and with the social and emotional skills that are fostered in the classroom. The teachers and the administrators are top notch, and the extent to which they care for the students is evident every day. They all go the extra mile and make the kids feel great. I would give more than five stars if I could.

Posted October 26, 2013
Speaking as a parent, this is the perfect environment for a child who is average-to-bright intelligence, but has some learning challenge such as dyslexia or ADHD. My son attended for 5th and 6th grade; my daughter is currently enrolled for 8th. Also, our home environment is much happier when my children feel understood and nurtured at school! They learn MUCH more here than at public school, and Oakwood helps them with organizational skills. I found the other private schools, Christian, and Catholic schools are not prepared to support the child with Learning Disabilities. We decided to spend some of our college savings HERE at Oakwood, to bolster our childrens' education and learning abilities, is these earlier critical years.

Posted October 25, 2013
I am in my 38th year as a staff member here at Oakwood School. If I did not think this staff was of the highest quality I would have left many years ago, BUT, the quality of the teaching staff is outstanding and Oakwood's students are the direct recipients of this superb, energetic, enthusiastic staff. Great, supportive parents, motivated, hard working students coupled with dedicated staff - all necessary ingredients for a highly successful school.

Oakwood School