Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is not busywork at Kenmore. It has a specific purpose and thus isn't taking over the lives of the students. There's a big emphasis on independent reading at home. But, homework is kept at a minimum or if the kids haven't finished classroom work.

My son has spent the past 2.5 years at Kenmore. It has been a wonderful experience for him. The teachers and curriculum have been top notch. Teachers are always available after school for support. I've felt communication with his teachers has been great, too. Kenmore has a very diverse community, which in my opinion is an asset. The school is set up in such a way that each grade is on a different floor, which is nice for the younger kids just entering middle school. All in all, I feel my child has had a great middle school experience at Kenmore and will be leaving well prepared for high school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We've been very impressed by the quality of teachers at Kenmore. Very demanding, but fair.

When we were looking for a new neighborhood in Arlington, after living in Arlington County for 16 years , we decided we wanted our children to attend Kenmore. There are several reasons: 1) It's the best middle school facility in the County - full of windows, light, great performance rooms and state-of-the art technology; 2) it's focus on the arts and STEM education really excited us. Do you know they have five 3-D Printers, while some other middle schools in the County have one? Their music and drama productions, technology-oriented and science-oriented programs are second to none in the County; 3) Yes, average test scores are lower than some schools, but that's because 45% or so of the student body is international and/or non-native English speakers. Once you breakdown by demographics - it is no different from the other Arlington Middle Schools. So, the test scores are largely irrelevant for comparison purposes; 4) What is relevant is the diversity - this is one of the most diverse middle schools in the area, not to mention Arlington. We think that is a huge asset; 5) Finally, the administration and teachers are incredible. For example, in the 6th grade the teachers take students to the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center in Maryland - the history teachers teach them about Native American tribes that lived there, the science teachers teach about marine biology and blue crabs, and the English teachers have the children write poetry about the environment around them. True multidisciplinary learning! You see this in everything from the active science fairs to the music in the morning announcements. My eldest child LOVES going to middle school - and for that, I can't thank Kenmore enough.

I love it here soo much! Kenmore is literally the bestest school ever in the whole world!!

I feel as if some teachers don't even want to teach and just sit there and expect us to do work. I've been here for all 3 years now and I just want to say that out of all the teachers that I have had, Mr.Blackburn is honestly my favorite. I have enjoyed every second of his geography class this year. I'm also really sad I never get to sit in his classroom ever again after this year :( I love how his classroom is dim and I just feel so comfortable. I can't explain in words how amazing his class is. You would have to actually experience it to know. He's an awesome teacher! His way of teaching is really energetic and fun and it makes me want to learn more. I'm soooo luckyy that I got to be a comet!! I have learned so much from your class, Mr.Blackburn! Thank you for putting effort into teaching and making every little thing fun and stay awesome <3

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I feel as if some teachers don't even want to teach and just sit there and expect us to do work. I've been here for all 3 years now and I just want to say that out of all the teachers that I have had, Mr.Blackburn is honestly my favorite. I have enjoyed every second of his geography class this year. I'm also really sad I never get to sit in his classroom ever again after this year :( I love how his classroom is dim and I just feel so comfortable. He's an awesome teacher! His way of teaching is really energetic and fun and it makes me want to learn more. I am sooo luckyyy that I got to be a comet!! I have learned so much from you, Mr.Blackburn! Thank you for putting effort into teaching and making every little thing fun and stay awesome <3

First of all, I have created a plan to demonstrate a positive strategy at my school. There are a lot of students who don t follow the directions when the bell rings and walk in the wrong hallway. For those who walk in the wrong hallway, I am going to tell them to make a poster during Excel. The poster is going to show pictures of students walking in the right direction. Then, we are going to have a poster contest and the winner will get prize. The winning poster will be displayed in the main hallway. I think that's how we can make our KMS a better place.

The review about the food fight was true. I'm a 7th grader at Kenmore and honestly, I'm so glad that I'm going to move to Fairfax county next year or so. Majorities of the teachers doesn't really want to teach but some do though. Some students here are pretty much "rebels", acting that they're cool and thinks they're "big kids" now. Like talking back to the teachers, skipping classes, fighting each others physically, dramas, etc... Basically a huge hot mess. Racism happens here and there. I only like this school because of the friends I made here.

Last modified Kenmore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.