Posted April 13, 2014
Kenmore Middle School has excellent teachers and facilities. Several of the teachers have been selected as "teacher of the year" by Arlington County; more than have been selected from the other middle schools in the County.

Posted February 03, 2013
There can be doubt about it. This school is a social program, out of control kids, pressure to bring up the grades of children through the additional staff in math and reading to bring the school up to the already low standards established by the State of VA. The surrounding community has gone down hill. Parents are moving so their kids can go to better schools in Fairfax County instead of put up with the school administration and PTA who won't listen to anything except that which goes along with the status quo Arlington liberal mindset, a sort of ironic reverse inclusion. The school has been remodeled but it can't make up for the lack of instruction or the strong emphasis on upward mobility for minorities in a highly "in your face" way. Move to Fairfax County and save yourself the stress of putting your kids into this school only to find out you must go through the arduos task of moving and resettling in Fairfax County.

Posted January 11, 2013
Kenmore has been a disappointment in that the school did away with most of the accelerated courses and does not do enough to challenge the smarter kids. Kenmore seems to cater to the kids that have not thrived, or cared enough to learn, some of the basics already. I understand that the school wants to get good testing scores and are trying to make sure all kids get a minimal level of education, but I had hoped that, as an Arlington Co. School, they would strive for more than the minimum. The music program is outstanding.

Posted January 10, 2012
Kenmore is an absolute gem of a school and the best kept secret in Arlington County. As a new family to the county, we were welcomed into the Kenmore community with open arms. Dr. Word and the faculty of Kenmore have created what I didn't think existed--a model middle school. We have a 6th grader and a 7th grader at Kenmore. Both kids, with their extremely different personalities and strengths, love it there. The teachers are enthusiastic and assign a challenging, but not unrealistic, workload. We've been blown away by the impressive amount of communication with the parents. I get an email every day with school announcements and a weekly progress report so I'm on top of my kids' grades and progress. The arts focus is important to us and we've been thrilled with the various offerings. The ACT II program is a wonderful way to let the kids take advantage of all the extra arts electives. In addition, there are a myriad of clubs, ranging from groups for NASA enthusiasts to Harry Potter devotees. Kudos to the entire Kenmore family for creating a nurturing, supportive, and creative environment for my kids at what can be a difficult time on the path to adulthood.

Posted June 18, 2011
excellent instruction, teachers prepare kids with life skills. my daughter LOVES all her teachers and is excelling beautifully.

Posted January 05, 2010
Thank you Dr. Word, administrators, teachers and staff for creating such a wonderful environment for my son! We are thrilled to be part of the Kenmore community and even more thrilled about the education my son is receiving! The after school enrichment the teachers provide, the weekly progress report as well as the enthusiasm each of you possess while enhancing my son s education is truly appreciated.

Posted January 04, 2010
People Next time you decide to write about my school why don't you ask a 12-14 year-old kid how Kenmore Is in real life. In these past three years I've been at Kenmore Middle School I been tought so many things that it makes me feel smarter . You might not know that we at Kenmore have now different languages to learn I'm now really good at my Spanish. I love this school and I don't have any complaints about my school .

Kenmore Middle School 3

Posted July 12, 2009

Posted February 18, 2009
Kenmore is a terrible disappointment. It holds the promise of the best technology and a brand new (2 years old) building . . . but filled with administrators who do no more than push paper and provide insufficient training for teachers, as well as far too many teachers who do not integrate the technology into their courses. Certainly, there are excellent teachers, but not enough to outweigh the others. With schools like this, it's small wonder that middle school is a waste for so many kids.

Posted February 13, 2009
I am a proud parent which my child is a student here at Kenmore Middle. I love everything about this school and most of all the teachers care. This would be one of the top Middle School to enroll your child this school year.

Kenmore Middle School
200 S Carlin Springs Rd, Arlington, VA  22204
Last modified Kenmore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenmore Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top