Arlington, VA

Posted June 07, 2015
I love it here soo much! Kenmore is literally the bestest school ever in the whole world!!

Posted June 04, 2015
I feel as if some teachers don't even want to teach and just sit there and expect us to do work. I've been here for all 3 years now and I just want to say that out of all the teachers that I have had, Mr.Blackburn is honestly my favorite. I have enjoyed every second of his geography class this year. I'm also really sad I never get to sit in his classroom ever again after this year :( I love how his classroom is dim and I just feel so comfortable. I can't explain in words how amazing his class is. You would have to actually experience it to know. He's an awesome teacher! His way of teaching is really energetic and fun and it makes me want to learn more. I'm soooo luckyy that I got to be a comet!! I have learned so much from your class, Mr.Blackburn! Thank you for putting effort into teaching and making every little thing fun and stay awesome <3

Kenmore Middle School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 04, 2015
I feel as if some teachers don't even want to teach and just sit there and expect us to do work. I've been here for all 3 years now and I just want to say that out of all the teachers that I have had, Mr.Blackburn is honestly my favorite. I have enjoyed every second of his geography class this year. I'm also really sad I never get to sit in his classroom ever again after this year :( I love how his classroom is dim and I just feel so comfortable. He's an awesome teacher! His way of teaching is really energetic and fun and it makes me want to learn more. I am sooo luckyyy that I got to be a comet!! I have learned so much from you, Mr.Blackburn! Thank you for putting effort into teaching and making every little thing fun and stay awesome <3

Posted March 28, 2015
First of all, I have created a plan to demonstrate a positive strategy at my school. There are a lot of students who don t follow the directions when the bell rings and walk in the wrong hallway. For those who walk in the wrong hallway, I am going to tell them to make a poster during Excel. The poster is going to show pictures of students walking in the right direction. Then, we are going to have a poster contest and the winner will get prize. The winning poster will be displayed in the main hallway. I think that's how we can make our KMS a better place.

Kenmore Middle School 2

Posted March 11, 2015
The review about the food fight was true. I'm a 7th grader at Kenmore and honestly, I'm so glad that I'm going to move to Fairfax county next year or so. Majorities of the teachers doesn't really want to teach but some do though. Some students here are pretty much "rebels", acting that they're cool and thinks they're "big kids" now. Like talking back to the teachers, skipping classes, fighting each others physically, dramas, etc... Basically a huge hot mess. Racism happens here and there. I only like this school because of the friends I made here.

Posted February 10, 2015
We are students of Kenmore Middle School, and we want you all to know how disappointed in this school we are. The staff is unsatisfactory, and don't make it easy to learn. The teachers do as little teaching as possible. And even though there are some great teachers, some just don't want to teach. The administration staff is a whole different story. WE ABSOLUTELY HATE THESE PEOPLE!! They are so idiotic they are ridiculous. The other day there was a 'food fight' and nothing was done about it. Then the next day the students were 'too loud' and missed all of seventh period to practice walking down the hall silently. One girl got in trouble for fixing her pants. Overall we are disappointed in Kenmore and have been looking for alternate schooling possibilities and our parents agree. The students of Kenmore Middle School,
4 people found this helpful

Posted April 13, 2014
Kenmore Middle School has excellent teachers and facilities. Several of the teachers have been selected as "teacher of the year" by Arlington County; more than have been selected from the other middle schools in the County.

Posted February 03, 2013
There can be doubt about it. This school is a social program, out of control kids, pressure to bring up the grades of children through the additional staff in math and reading to bring the school up to the already low standards established by the State of VA. The surrounding community has gone down hill. Parents are moving so their kids can go to better schools in Fairfax County instead of put up with the school administration and PTA who won't listen to anything except that which goes along with the status quo Arlington liberal mindset, a sort of ironic reverse inclusion. The school has been remodeled but it can't make up for the lack of instruction or the strong emphasis on upward mobility for minorities in a highly "in your face" way. Move to Fairfax County and save yourself the stress of putting your kids into this school only to find out you must go through the arduos task of moving and resettling in Fairfax County.

Posted January 11, 2013
Kenmore has been a disappointment in that the school did away with most of the accelerated courses and does not do enough to challenge the smarter kids. Kenmore seems to cater to the kids that have not thrived, or cared enough to learn, some of the basics already. I understand that the school wants to get good testing scores and are trying to make sure all kids get a minimal level of education, but I had hoped that, as an Arlington Co. School, they would strive for more than the minimum. The music program is outstanding.

Kenmore Middle School
200 S Carlin Springs Rd, Arlington, VA  22204
Last modified Kenmore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kenmore Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top