Arlington, VA

Posted January 23, 2015
We love Campbell and couldn't be happier with the choice we made for our child! It's a smaller school with a very close-knit community (aided by teacher looping). Parents are very engaged, teachers are excellent, and Expeditionary Learning provides an incredible methodology for in-depth and hands-on exploration. Plus, since transferring to Campbell my child has fallen in love with books. I would recommend Campbell to any parent that desires their child to love learning and not just drill for standardized tests. It's so refreshing to see my child excited to go to school every single day.

Posted April 23, 2011
Our child is in Kindergarten at Campbell - Excellent school!!! Perfect learning environment. I'm trying to get my son also into Campbell. Wonderful teachers and wonderful learning.

Posted April 17, 2011
Our child was at Campbell from preschool through 5th grade. It was a perfect learning environment for her, and the most inclusive learning approach I was able to find in the county. The Expeditionary Learning model embraces kids with learning differences (and don't we all differ in some way?) and helps them flourish. When kids identified as 'gifted' can work hand in hand with kids who struggle with traditional teaching methods you know the foundation's been laid for a lifetime of learning success.

Posted May 11, 2010
My precocious pre-schooler went into Campbell with a full head of steam and ready to upset every apple cart. He found the most loving, challenging, engaging learning environment, supported by brilliant set of experienced teachers and a system ready to channel his limitless energy into learning. He has excelled and progressed, advancing a full grade level beyond testing in language and reading, but more importantly he is in love with the school's 'exploratory learning' process. They do deep investigations into whatever topic. his time around is 'water'. They did streams and rivers, rain, and oceans, and even had a plumber take them down to look at the pipes under the school. The class is now preparing for tomorrow's class 'showcase' day, where the kids get to be the teacher and show off for parents. He's so excited, and so are we. Also, we've never seen more engaged community / PTA.

Posted December 17, 2009
Campbell is a wonderful learning environment anyway, but particularly spectacular if your child needs any sort of extra assistance. For some kids, that might be in english language or academic matters. For my son, I chose Campbell, because I thought they would be able to deal best with his lack of social skills. They have devoted so much time and energy to him, and he is making great progress. The classroom setting is very engaging and personal, the teachers excellent, and they have a lot of extra teaching and counselling resources. Their extended day program is exceptional, and is available on days that other public school aftercare progams are closed. Campbell accepts students from around Arlington, so I would CERTAINLY encourage you to look at the program there. I feel like I found a private school-quality education within the public school syste.

Posted June 24, 2008
Campbell is an Outward Bound Expeditionary Learning school. The school is exceptional. I believe this site does it a disservice.

Posted June 24, 2008
Campbell is a great school featuring small class, sizes interactive learning opportunities and dedicated, carting faculty and staff who want to tallow children to grow to love learning in a developmentally appropriate way.

Campbell Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2008
I have found both the Special Education teachers and the General Education teachers to be caring, open to parent suggestions and accommodating about frequent meetings, phone calls and emails. They have given so much more than the previous county public school. They really seem to care about the children and the Assistant Principal is wonderful.

Campbell Elementary School 0

Posted February 22, 2008
If you have a student in your family with no special needs, this is an excellent school. However the special education teachers and staff do not listen to parent concerns nor do they listen to professionals working with your child. We have found the special education administrative staff and teachers to be arrogant and self-serving with little regard for the family of a special needs student. Services were withheld from our daughter in such a manner as to promote regression and serious disruption to her education.

Campbell Elementary School
737 S. Carlin Springs Rd., Arlington, VA  22204
Last modified Campbell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Campbell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top