Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Excellent school! Good teachers, friendly attitude. My daughters have a great time at Hillside Elementary.

Most of the things done at school are academically good.The field trip experience was unsatisfactory though

Hillside Elementary has truly improved over the last 3 years and a great deal of that change has come from the new principal and assistant principal. My child enjoys school and it is a pleasure to volunteer there. It is a safe, fun place and a wonderful community school.

Hillside is a wonderful and warm environment. Principal Mr. Brazina and Vice-Principal Mr. Dickersheid are dynamic and pro-active, trying to build team spirit from the get-go. My kindergartener looooves Mrs. Armstrong, who is an amazing teacher. Considering you have kids of all levels in kindergarten, I am so impressed with how she integrates everyone with care and concern while truly teaching them. After 8 weeks of school my 5 year old is starting to read words and can count by fives through 100! Really impressive, but the care she shows the students and the sense of belonging are what I like the best. The cohesive student body is diverse, including kids with food allergies, but everyone is included and part of the Hillside team. Highly recommend.

Hillside Elementary is an excellent school. Both of my children absolutely love going to school each day. The staff is amazing and they always go the extra mile if you need any help. The front office staff is great as well and they will always answer any questions you may have. I highly recommend this school!

I have had one of more children attending Hillside for the past ten years and can honestly give this outstanding Elementary school a 5 star rating. Our new principle and VP are excited and energetic. They are personable and involved and outside greeting the students and parents each morning and afternoon. Their attitude has added a huge influx of positivity from teachers and parents alike. I have without exception found the teachers to be caring, kind and competent. Many teachers and specialists have gone above and beyond their job descriptions to help my child who has some visual impairments. Parents are very involved in volunteering in the class rooms and for PTO activities. My children love attending Hillside and I love the spirit of cooperation and unity I see there!

Very happy with the principle and vice-principle who started in the 2012-13 school year. That said, I'm sad to see there isn't more technology built into the learning systems and tools for the students and the teachers. A Promethean Board in the classroom does not make the school "tech savvy". Given that we live in the wealthiest county in the nation you'd think we could get more computers available. We are falling behind in the technology realm already. I'd be happy to be a part of a working group of parents to see how we make this happen.

Had to put up with a old woman for last 3 years. It has been terrible. Just wish that front office staff Beth be gone. She is still trying to keep up with the old principle legacy by which a mean a unfriendly, rude, prison like environment. \Teachers are terrible there. Only by chance or luck if your child get one decent average teacher out of the batch in each grade. PE teachers and Cafeteria staff all rude. Too much bullying among the kids. No control over them. I think its because of too much trashy parents not disciplining there children at home and the kids end up behaving that way. If you have a choice don't put your child here. My son suffered for 3 years. Also, teach minimal expect parents to full time tutor them. I will give this school poor poor rating.

My son went to Hill Side for one year in 2009 school year as his zoned school was full and could not take any more 4th graders. He ran into several bullying issues based on his race (Asian Indian) and customs. When he stepped up (he is a big boy and play nose tackle in Football) he was punished and labeled as insubordinate by principal and the kid who was responsible for this was let go. We were very worried and did some research..We found that hill side school is in "not so" diversified part of the Ashburn community with predominant number of students are from white community. This lead to tolerance and acceptance issues stemming from principal/vice principal. Our son was back to original school (Legacy elementary) for lone year for 5th grade and had no issues. He was happy, Straight A student and moving on to middle school this year. We are glad we did not got zoned under this school where we would have left with no choice.

I agree, bullying is to be addressed strongly. The bully writing an apology to the bullied is a first right step, I wish all the public schools insisted on uniforms then we would not have this peer pressure about being "dressed in fancy brand name" clothes for school. There would be uniformity among all.

Last modified Hillside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.