Creighton's Corner Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 1035 students

Student diversity

Posted today

creighton's corner elementary is a great school. Principle, Teachers and Parents are very involved. Great resources, nice and clean facility and wonderful new playground was added

Posted August 26, 2014

We were a Creighton Corner family for many years. In fact, my daughter was a "plank holder". However when my son struggled in both K and first grade, the teachers did very little to help him. Meeting after meeting I was told to have him memorize sight words. During winter break of his first grade year, we relocated. At Winter break, his reading level was tested at a 3.(low) At the end of the school year at his new public school, he tested at an 18 and he is much more successful. At Creighton, classes are overcrowded, quiet kids with small learning challenges are easily overlooked. Thank God we left.

Posted August 4, 2014

Creighton has now come full circle from several years ago. It is now a "community" with everyone working together towards education in a positive warm/nurturing environment. We moved to Loudon from Fairfax several years ago and have been more than thrilled with how the county makes smart/common sense decisions - Fairfax needs a real overhaul with the processes that they have in place.

Posted July 4, 2014

My family is relocating from out of state and on a suggestion of a local professional, we stopped by the school to visit, only giving them less than an hour's notice-during SOLs no less. We were just taken back by how nice and friendly everyone was! We were greeted by the parent liaison who gave us a tour of the school. All of the kids were well behaved and looked happy to be there. Afterwards, the AP, P and Administrative intern sat down with us to learn a little bit about my children and talk about the school philosophies. They seemed so genuine and concerned about my children. Both of my kids have IEPs. Before we walked in the door, I worried that we could be disregarded - it was the complete opposite! I truly believe the culture of a school is governed by the attitudes of the administrators, and I could tell the moment we walked in the front office and were warmly greeted by office staff, that this is a gem of a school! Even as we walked the halls with the parent liaison, a resource room teacher saw us in the hallway, introduced herself, and gave us her business card and contact information. You can tell these teachers love coming to work everyday. Blown away!

Posted June 11, 2014

We have been here for two years now. After dabbling in private schools and having a very poor experience there , I can easily say every morning I feel blessed having a safe environment and happy place for my kids. I am so so so grateful for being part of this school. The teachers are so nice and so is the principal and vice principal. I think the children are getting good education and wholesome growth. Nothing more a parent can ask for. It is one of the rare times I can say I am 100% satisfied. There are constant updates about the children's progress and the teachers are accessible at all times. They even respond on weekends and evenings.

Posted May 6, 2014

CCE is the best so far i have seen. My kids went to 5 different elementary schools(between 2 of them) due to job situation and finally we ended up in CCE. I can say this is the best considering teacher quality, extra curricular activities. Principal is very involved and keeps kids and parents informed with what is going on continuously(You get an announcement call at least once or twice a week).

Posted April 30, 2014

LOVE CCEl! My kids' teachers are fantastic - involved, dedicated and caring are the words that come to mind when describing their teachers (both current and previous)! We have had a fantastic experience in the past couple of years! The principal welcomes parent involvement and the kids love that the principal visits their classrooms - such a great learning experience for our children!

Posted April 28, 2014

Creighton's Corner Elementary is a wonderful place to work. Teachers, students, and staff work together to make CCE great. The PTA is one of the hardest working groups of people that a school could have to work for them They have researched resources to help up raise money and obtain resources we need. There are many parent volunteers who help wherever there is a need and the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. CCE is a great place to work.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 30, 2013

Love this school so far! This is our first year there! The principal is amazing! Very well seen and great with communication! Teachers seem great and there is strong sense of community within the school. I look forward to many more years there!

Posted October 2, 2013

We recently moved to the area and I had my reservations about Creighton's Corner based on the reviews I found online, but I have been very impressed with what I have seen. We have a 1st grader at the school and we couldn't be happier with her teacher, as well as the school staff. I haven't had a chance to meet the principal personally, but he is very visible whenever I've been on school grounds. Communication has been fantastic and it feels like parents are very much invested in their children's education.

Posted September 23, 2013

great school! Teachers my child had so far are very organized and enthusiastic. There are internationally dynamic students (a lot of West Asian) which is good for children, I think. Parents involvement seems good also.

Posted September 14, 2013

We are very happy with Creighton's Corner on many levels. The school has developed a strong sense of community, the teachers are exceptional, professional, and nurturing, and the parent involvement is very present. Our children are thriving here! We love that academics is first and foremost and balanced with a lot of fun community inspired events. This is a terrific school!

Posted September 8, 2013

All I can say is WOW!, WOW!, WOW! Our school has come so far in only one year of new leadership. Parents are visiting and volunteering, our PTA is more active than ever, and our teachers are just fantastic. Everyone is extremely positive and our school has such a wonderful spirit. We are looking forward to a great year!

Posted June 21, 2013

We moved to Ashburn from Fairfax County and heard mixed reviews on this school based on the previous administration. I couldn't be more pleased with my daughter's first grade experience. Mr. Knott is the new principal and is exceptional. The curriculum was challenging and I really saw my daughter grow this year. My only concern, and it isn't the school's fault, was the classroom size. But that's pretty typical for Loudoun County as they can't seem to keep up with the growth. Be assured if your child attends this school next fall that he/she will be getting an incredible educational experience.

Posted May 17, 2013

I believe there are lots of great teachers at this school unlike the last poster's comment about lazy teachers. Teaching is hard work. If anything, it is the efforts of select teachers that go above and beyond what is required that creates a perception that others may be lazy. Of course you will always have at least a few under performers anywhere you go. By definition, you can't have above average teachers without below average teachers. We've been here at CCE for 3 years and all 6 teachers have been great and this has been by far the best year so far!!! New administration is great!! We love this school!!

Posted May 16, 2013

The new administrator is wonderful! Believes in actually educating the kids and having transparency unlike the last administrator. There are a handful of great teachers but the rest need to stop being so lazy. The PTA did a great job this year. All events are well advertised and attended. Events are fun especially International Night, very inclusive of everyone. The school finally feels like a community , unlike in previous years. That was due to the crazy administrator. GREAT THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT CCE!! THIS IS A SCHOOL TO WATCH.

Posted March 15, 2013

I feel the changes that have happened this year have been awesome! I have to question the previous comment that stated that the new principal was nice, but didn't do much. I do wonder how much interaction this person has had with him. He is truly wonderful, and it is clear the KIDS are #1, not staff, and not administration. He's not afraid to go to bat for what he feels is best for the students at CCE, because not all students/schools can fit into this mold. There are lots of moving and interchanging parts. He is approachable, compassionate, and empathetic. He is empowering teachers to go above, do more, and he expects a team atmosphere. We are all on the same team, parents and staff - we all want they very best for our students, and for their learning experience to be fun and positive. He certainly fosters this at CCE. The classrooms are filled to max but the teachers have handled this the best they can. Kuddos to the staff, adminsitration, and parents for all working together this year to make CCE great!

Posted March 14, 2013

I've been here for four years. It's just ok for me. Principal is nice, but he doesn't really do much. It's mostly a parent run school, some parents are good at that and some not so much. Teachers are generally good, and left alone to do what feels right to them. It ends up feeling a little disorganized since there doesn't seem to be an official person "in charge" - lots of things are last minute, etc. So - just ok.

Posted January 21, 2013

It has been amazing to watch this Phoenix rise from the ashes. To go from the brunt of neighborhood jokes last year to a school teachers, parents, and students are proud of this year has been nothing short of miraculous. Teachers are working together, parents are volunteering, and there is an amazing sense of community in the building. The new principal is very humble and is very quick to give credit to the staff and students. I am so glad my students are Colts!

Posted September 16, 2012

Night and Day, that is how I would describe the difference between last year and this year. I don t think we would have kept our children enrolled if the Administration hadn t intervened. The new Principal has been a breath of fresh air. Walls have come down. Every time I walk in the school it feels more like a partnership, (i.e., teachers, parents, and staff), one big community, all working harmoniously for the common good of our precious children. Thank you to all the teachers at CCE this year. It has been an amazing first few weeks and my kids are excited for the rest of the school year! Go Colts!!!

English: Reading

The state average for English: Reading was 72% in 2013.

198 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History and Social Science

The state average for History and Social Science was 87% in 2012.

185 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

196 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 84% in 2013.

195 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Virginia used the Standards of Learning (SOL) tests to assess students in reading and math in grades 3 through 8, writing in grades 5 and 8, and science in grades in 3, 5 and 8. The SOL tests are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Virginia. The goal is for all students to pass the tests.

English: Reading

The state average for English: Reading was 70% in 2013.

201 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History and Social Science

The state average for History and Social Science was 84% in 2012.

n/a
Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

201 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English: Reading

The state average for English: Reading was 73% in 2013.

187 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English: Writing

The state average for English: Writing was 71% in 2013.

183 students were tested at this school in 2013.

History and Social Science

The state average for History and Social Science was 89% in 2012.

n/a
Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

186 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2013.

187 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students85%

Students without disabilities97%
Limited English proficient students89%
Proficient in English97%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Virginia Department of Education. Data is not reported when there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school.

All Students75%

Students with disabilities59%
Limited English proficient students50%
Proficient in English85%

Source: Virginia Department of Education

• In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Fully Accredited".
  • No accreditation rating was reported for the 2008-2009 school year.
  • No accreditation rating was reported for the 2007-2008 school year.

Source: Virginia Department of Education

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

23171 Minerva Dr