Chantilly, VA
Students enrolled: 1,022

Rocky Run Middle School 4

Posted September 09, 2014
A really awesome school where most parents are involved in their children's lives. Seriously, these kids have manners! Teachers are above par, AAP teachers way above average.

Posted January 16, 2014
Just putting this out there, Rocky Run Middle School is the BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!! I'm a 7th grader there, and the curriculum is full of challenging material. To all the people who think Rocky Run is not a great school, we outnumber you 5 to 1.

Posted December 01, 2013
Great teachers and love the new principal. School counselors are very nice. Great teachers, especially math and civics. They stay after school for help. History dept. is very creative. Overall, Rocky Run is a great school and a great learning facility.

Posted November 11, 2013
Great energy, teachers, extra-curricular programs and culture. Teachers are allowed flexibility in how they present students information and they are top-notch!

Rocky Run Middle School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
is ok is ok is ok is ok is ok is ok is ok is ok

Posted February 10, 2013
I am i student here at Rocky run and I'll say this, it is the best school I've ever been in. I haven't heard of any drama going on yet and everyone is already halfway through the school year. The history department at Rocky Run is the best because of their teaching styles and the interactive activities they make us do. The only bad part about it may be the science department, I feel like the teachers just give us busy work and sit at his desk all day.

Posted January 18, 2013
I am sorry the most recent post from the parent before this is so hostile. I am writing this to counter their arrogance and note about "TJ" (Thomas Jefferson High School). I am assuming they moved to the area JUST to push for their child to garner acceptance at TJ, and may have RRMS as their scapegoat if their son/daughter does not get accepted. Our child is in the GT (now "AAP") program and doing outstanding. The school, teachers, and principal have a great, caring, and academically challenging team. Our student is in 7th grade algebra honors -- all of his courses are interesting -- and the teachers are incredibly supportive on all fronts. Our student's history teacher was the school district's teacher of the year last year. 'Hope this helps offset some of the previous post's negativity.

Rocky Run Middle School 2

Posted June 13, 2012
Rocky Run is a big disappointment, it tauts itself as the "junior TJ", we have been there two years and yet to have one challenging or even interesting project or assignment, and teachers are mediocre at best.

Posted May 30, 2012
I'll be graduating from Rocky Run in about two weeks, and I can say from the bottom of my heart that it is the Best. School. Ever. It has amazing teachers, who are soooo understanding and ALWAYS there for you no matter what, the principal is really nice as well as the administration, and the academic department is both challenging and fun, and very beneficial. Rocky Run is very diverse, and there is a place for everyone. I'm so glad I went to Rocky Run!

Posted December 20, 2011
My son had the choice of middle schools to attend because he is in the AAP program .... he chose Rocky Run. We are only in the first 3 months of 7th grade, but choosing RRMS was the best decision ever made!! The school is well run by the principal; the teachers are fantastic and really challenge their students. My son is really living up to his potential - he has made Honor Roll, and really likes going to school. The teachers really encourage and inspire their studients. The school itself is clean, updated, and fosters an excellent learning environment! So glad we are part of the RRMS community!!!

Rocky Run Middle School
4400 Stringfellow Rd, Chantilly, VA  20151
Last modified Rocky Run Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Run Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top