Posted October 04, 2013
We love this school. We actually moved from the city to the county just for the Albemarle County schools, and especially for Cale. My children both have had a just a phenomenal experience at Cale. Every teacher, every staff member and even the school administration are superior in every way. They are friendly, warm and supportive. And, they all really know their stuff. The school does a wonderful job of meeting each student s needs (all levels, whatever they may be). The parent involvement is amazing and the PTO and the school administration make it easy to be active in your child s education. It s truly an amazing place and an exceptional part of the community. We have loved every moment of our children's time at Cale. Both of my children have always been happy there, they have excelled in their academics and they have loved their teachers. Thanks to Mrs. Jones and her staff of dedicated professionals, this is easily the best elementary school in the area. I have never heard even a single parent complain about the school in any way or the experience their child has had at Cale. 10 out of 10.

Posted September 07, 2013
Love, love this school. Both my children struggled with reading and I am proud to say that with the support and guidence they received in their elementary years has helped them achieve straight A's in middle and high school. I also wanted them to go to a school with diversity because treating everybody with equality is very important to me! {real world} Teacher to student ratio (when extra teachers are pulled to help out during literacy/math/special projects) is 1 to 5. The staff is top notch and treat each child as an individual. They teach the students to be responsible, respectful, and ready to learn. Cale was recently expanded and although there are over 500 students, no one would never know because the way the staff cleverly manages the student population. With regards to parent involvement...drive by any event and you'll see for yourself. This is a wonderful school and my advise to you is to observe a classroom, go during dismissal, or attend a school function and see for yourself!!

Posted February 26, 2013
We moved to the area just for the Albemarle County schools, and especially for Cale. My daughter had a phenomenal experience at Cale Elementary. The teachers and administration was warm and supportive. The school does a good job of meeting students needs, whether they need an extra challenge, or need additional support. High parent involvement. A great community of students and parents. We loved our time at Cale.

Posted May 15, 2012
Great school! Love the staff here, teachers are awesome, great class sizes per teacher ratio. Nice inside as well, they really take pride in the school, I have had 3 kids through here so far and loving it.

Posted December 17, 2008

Paul H Cale Elementary School 4

Posted December 17, 2008
My girl attended this school for a year and she loved it (1st grade). However, I didn't noticed much progress in her knowledge, especially in math. She never had a homework - just a book to read. I am also concerned with Cale's quite low rating - 6. If it is so great why the rating is so low? I hope the principal can answer my question.

Posted August 05, 2008
My daughter is a rising first grader at Cale. She had a great kindergarten experience and we expect the same in first grade. The staff at the school and the PTO are extremely welcoming.

Paul H Cale Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2008

Posted April 01, 2008
My son is in Kindergarten at Cale. I too took him out of private school to attend Cale and at first was concerned about the transition (my son did not want to leave his old school). After the first day my son loved it and he still does. His teacher is excellent and he cannot wait to go to school each day. He is thriving and learning at an excellent rate. The staff is warm and friendly and they really encourage parental participation. The new principal seems to be fitting in just fine and made the new transition seemless. I am at his school three days a week helping out in various capacities. They really have it going on. The new playground and equipment is excellent. As a reading teacher myself I am throughly impressed with the level my child is reading at.

Paul H Cale Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2007
So far I like this school, my 5yr old just started kindergarden there and he loves it.

Paul H Cale Elementary School
1757 Avon Street Extended, Charlottesville, VA  22902
Last modified Paul H Cale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul H Cale Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top